Register now to get rid of these ads!

New hot rod builder from Me.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Tumbleweeds35, May 26, 2012.

1. Tumbleweeds35

Tumbleweeds35
    from Alton,Me.

Hey out there,my name is John. I'm building a 35 ford pickup.It's my first build in this era of car and its been a big challenge.this is the car of my dreams sense I was a kid,I'm still a kid at heart but 54 yrs. old.I've been working on this project for about two years now and am finaly starting to see the thing really coming together.I have just completed the frame,motor,trans,rear end,drive shaft,steering,suspension,brake system,and fuel system.Have purchased a lot on new metal for out side skin,as well as inner cab floors. Have fabed parts that I couldn't find as well.Now trying to get the exhaust done up, but have a small snag.Not sure what will be needed for exhaust manifolds on my chevy 350 motor to clear the vega steering box and motor mounts with out going out threw the inner fenders. Would like to go down inside the frame rails and keep it all in side,and neat. Can anyone out there give me some advise as to what I need to do this? Can I purchase something to do this or do I need to fab something? Would welcome any advise. Its been nice chating and hope that I haven't been a pain. Bye, for now and I hope to hear from you all in the future.

2. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

3. blind_rodder

blind_rodder

All I could think of is earlier "ram horn" style manifolds not sure if you've tried those already or not?

4. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

5. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Welcome from Camden Maine. As the other poster said...try the rams horn manifold, they dump straight down at the center of the block, that helps with steering box, column and firewall issues. I have used Sanderson Headers before, they have a lot for sbc and they are well built, you can get them coated or not. How about posting some pictures?

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

7. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa