Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Skirts or no Skirts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colville, May 25, 2012.

1. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Skirts - YES!
    Panties - NO!
    Shoe mirrors, CHECK!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. froghawk

froghawk

3. Orn

Orn

I wote for skirts on. I have the same dilema with my '47 Olds. Without the skirts and hubcaps and only the black steelies it looks cool in a dirty way if you know what I mean and opposite it looks more classic taildragger style which I think I prefer so I really understand your concern. Been there myself. ;)
    Btw, you got a real nice Olds.

4. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

a 64/65 Falcon with skirts is something you don't see often, obviously not OEM, but it does totally change the personality of the car, and says a lot about the driver as well.. all good.... i thought my car looked good before i added skirts, but once i added skirts I'll never go back.. yours looks perfect with wide whites and full wheel covers behind the skirts..

Attached Files:

5. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I'm a Olds man myself. And a skirt man, especially on that beautiful Olds - you don't want that thing looking sinister. It's meant to be stately, and it IS!

6. Colville

Colville

@ ORN Thanks for the compliment, you have a great looking olds yourself! I like mine with skirts the best I'd say, but sometimes she likes to get dirty and haul ass which is when the skirts and caps come off ;) cars are so much like women, they look alot more dirty and sluttier with the skirts off haha

@jazzfidelity Thanks, agreed, yours looks great! Love those buicks, one of my favs from early 60s

7. Colville

Colville

I also am fighting between nose and decking it or leaving it... I like custom but I also like to preserve the look with the emblems for kids that have never seen real hood ornaments or real car emblems... my wife gets pissy when I talk about nose and decking, she likes the emblems haha

8. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

That car will look good as you show it (with skirts & hubcaps) or without; nosed & decked - or not; headlight work - or not!

The only thing it NEEDS is a moderately loud dual exhaust and please, please don't do any radical lowering.

In the 'old days' if I saw your car with no skirts or hubcaps I would think you had just been to the local dragstrip.

9. bgaro

bgaro

skirts please, looks sweet

10. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Sound like your are itchin' to customize (something).

I would leave that car as it sets and find you another rusty roller and start hacking away. In the end you and your wife would be happy.

11. Colville

Colville

@ dave downs Yeah thats what I think as well when I see it with no skirts or caps... I have great sounding pipes on her, just glass packs, hidden turn downs behind the bumper (not always a fan of exhaust being seen) And dont see any radical lowering coming my way, that you see is 4" lowered... I'm trying to go for a mild traditional custom, something a kid would have had out of highschool back in the day

@1964countrysedan Yeah maybe a bit haha, its just being away from my car not being able to drive it makes my brain go crazy and think of what I could do more to make it mine, I love the hell out of it no matter how custom it is, This is just my way of having car guys to talk too over here haha... If I was home I probably wouldnt be sitting in front of a computer, I'd probably be behind the wheel having a blast... when I dont have a car to play with I get addicted to this site :)

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

O.K. You asked for it, I giving you both barrels with my other car. These are real skirts, nosed decked and few other little custom features.
    LOL. :cool::cool:

Attached Files:

13. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

The Olds looks great with skirts...keep them ON.

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Both ways...when I have had lowered cars with skirts I would leave them on, then take them off to wash it, and leave them off for a while...then repeat!
    Worked for me, as I liked it both ways....usually changed hub caps at that time too ...
    Cheers....

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I would not have skirts on my car, but your car was really designed with them. It's an uncommon year and body style, and the paint scheme looks original (whether it actually is or not).

If I had your car I would leave it as it is. It doesn't need any customizing to look better, or to look distinctive. It already is.

16. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Not too many cars look as good as that with skirts. You have a winner!

17. I am with you John...girls with no panties!!

18. i as a rule dont like skirts on cars but on the O.P.'s olds id leave em on it

19. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Your car looks good with skirts...leave em.

20. Ditto, maybe play around with different hub caps , some Olds Fiesta's would look killer...

21. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

skirts for sure

22. Colville

Colville

@roddin shack
    If I do nose and deck it, I will probably wait until I really need a paint job. Who knows though, I love the way she looks both ways. Great looking ford BTW!

Thanks guys... really appreciate the kind comments. Just found a few more photos of the olds yesterday on my laptop. Here is one from our trip up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The paint really looks killer in this photo :)

user93966_pic389924_1338236865.jpg

And as for new caps... Check out my lovely purchase off ebay recently... Cant wait to get home and see how these look.

$(KGrHqFHJB8E-NvkRpJhBPub8OBibw~~60_58.jpg

23. Colville

Colville

Has anyone ever seen flush skirts for olds? The ones I have, not sure if original or not but look that way, dont fit completely perfect, im always pacing from side to side checking to make sure they both are perfectly put on the same haha... I think I'm a bit ocd haha

24. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I am just pulling you chain, your Olds is one of my favourite cars when nosed and decked, but they also look great with the original trim. It is whatever you want. Hurry home I also want to see those Fiestas on your car. Larry

25. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Holy Shit, What a small world, I was at the Iron Lords party at Charlotte last fall and my grill in the red Meteor came from Delton. Are you a member there???? Larry

26. Model T1

Model T1

Another vote for skirts and leaving the trim alone. Years ago we removed all of the stock crap to be different. Today your car IS different.

As for the other type skirts---

Originally Posted by amphicar [​IMG]
    Skirts - YES! The shorter the better
    Panties - NO! Maybe thong panties for dress up
    Shoe mirrors, CHECK! Pervert! X-2

27. Colville

Colville

Thanks Larry, Yeah I'm pretty sure I was at that same one. Might have met you haha. No, not a member of the club, I wouldnt mind being one, but to me they are some of the best friends a guy could have. I guess you'd call me a hangout, I try to make every function they have. They are really an awesome group of guys, never felt more at home. I am stationed in Columbia, SC but from Wilkes, NC. So charlotte area is not a very long drive for me. Not much happenin in the Columbia area as far as Hot Rods or Customs so I spend alot of time in the Charlotte area. Thats pretty cool about your grill though, Delton is a helluva good guy.

@modelT1 Thanks!

28. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Skirts !!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

29. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I like the skirts

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

30. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.