Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Pick-up Chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Framewelder, May 25, 2012.

1. Framewelder

Framewelder

Model A on 32 rails. Gonna' be a flaty w/ S10 5-speed.

Attached Files:

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

interesting...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I do like the quarter eliptic deal up front. Thought that was cool the first time I saw Dave Gale do it on that deuce he built about twenty five years ago now.
    The bed mounts however, are clever, but they are going to mount the bed way too high in my opinion. I've seen a couple of '29 on '32 railed pickups over the years where they tried to match the bed up to the body reveal line by raising it, and in my opinion it just never looks right. I left mine in it's stock location. But, like I always say, it's damn good thing you're not building it for me!

4. Framewelder

Framewelder

It's getting a custom bed. This is the same mounting set-up we used diamention wise we used on Rick Bales A truck in the pic. This does not use the wood blocks to mount the bed.

Attached Files:

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Love that truck too! mine is a '29 on "A" rail and is fenderless and I did the same deal too. Never liked the wood mounting blocks. I just saw the height on yours and commented, 'cause that's what we do around here. No insult intended. I'll finally be rolling mine out of it's many year hidey hole this weekend so I can get some pictures posted of it.