Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I was thinking of that one...never really had a BIG part in Hollywood Knights (although i wish it would have) they still made a pretty big emphasis on it in the movie

2. hotrodwelder

hotrodwelder

ZZ Top's Eliminator Coupe, California kid coupe, Hotwheels, Revell models of "40Fords.!

3. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Larry Watson's 58 tbird "vino pisano"...gave me an unhealty love for squarebirds

[​IMG]

4. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

a 58-60 bird is my dream car next to a 37-42 willys coupe. i've fallen in love with them ever since my buddy trent posted pics he was able to shoot of Watson's bird.

5. 65deluxe

65deluxe

The Grumps '72 Vega. As a kid, this did it for me.

grump72.jpg

6. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Yea, Norms Kookie car for me too. I wanted one soooo bad I finally just built one!

7. This and all of Tony Nancy's dragsters

Attached Files:

8. 32ratsass

32ratsass

No. 1, Stone, Woods, & Cook. No. 2, Tommy Ivo's Showboat. Saw both of 'em run. Never been the same since!!!!

9. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Chitty was the 1st car that ever drew and captivated my attention. As a 6 yr old child of divorcing parents, my Mom tried to sway my allegence by buying me a lot of Corgi cars. This is still the one I miss the most. Recently I have been in touch with Chitty's owner in Scotland. If I could afford to go see it, I would! I do know the guy who own the only air-worthy Aerocar left. Hopefully one day I can mark a flight off my bucket list.

The Batmobile always was a cool car too! I had the Corgi Batmobile, Batboat and Batcycle too. 007s DB is the pinnacle of gadget cars which I truely have a place in my heart for as you can tell from my rides.

Attached Files:

10. bt34

bt34

29 A Roadster of Bud Bryan/Rod & Custom is my pick..:)

11. jamesdmikesell

jamesdmikesell
    from utah

the winged express

12. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Not HAMB friendly, but Gators 71 Ford Custom....

[​IMG]

And my soon to be clone....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. hogridenfool

hogridenfool
    from chicago

Most of the cars that impressed me growing up were guys in my neighborhood,but big named cars were Stone Woods & Cook,Don Garlits swamp rat,Chris Karamesines,and Romeo Palamides,my cousin lived not to far from his shop,he had a lot of cars at his shop a lot of jet cars the one I remember most was Lava machine.

14. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

i think the chitty car post is the first one on here if i'm not mistaken. Kind of a forgotten about ride but its still cool. I also like the little roadster in "Shaggy Dog" from 1959. Any body remember that one?

15. knotttty

knotttty

I do <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

16. Sniper made the biggest impression on me. The way Rad Rides melded old custom ways with modern reliability and conveniences changed my perspective on automotive styling and performance.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  17. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

18. ardyboy

ardyboy

the Orange Crate

Attached Files:

19. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

does anybody know who bought the orange crate? i know it was for sale for like 200k late last year? Same with Chilly Willy?

20. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Without question.
    [​IMG]

21. robber

robber

Tommy Ivo and Norm Gabrowski influenced me 1st. Right along with them was Garlit's "Swamp Rat 1" and Kent Fuller's "Magicar";) I'd also have to mention the "Greer, Black, Prudhomme" FED...and how could I go without mentioning Tony Nancy's "22JR." roadster? Some of you can pick just one and obviously I can't.:rolleyes: These all are very cool cars and they all made a huge impression on me:cool::)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  22. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

No doubt i have a group of cars that made a big influence on me. SWC was just my all time favorite drag car. I love SWC, Big John Mazmanian, John Milner's deuce, The California Kid, James Dean's Merc in Rebel Without a Cause, and what influenced me more than any of those was my grandpa's 56 ford custom, and 47 chevy business coupe, and my uncle's 41 willys coupe....i've got the same sickness all of you guys on here have...:D

23. zarbtime

zarbtime

The 'Rompin' Redskin' at 75-80 dragway took me to a 'happy place' that I can go back to anytime I want..

24. [​IMG]

25. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

yessir that's the one haha

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

26. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I was 10 or 11 when I went for a lazy Saturday afternoon stroll to the neighborhood drug store soda fountain and there, front center, was the Stone, Woods & Cook bright blue Willys on the cover of a drag car magazine. I stopped and stared at that car for the longest time. Realizing there was just one copy of that mag on the rack, I took off in a run home to check how many pop bottles I had saved for just such an emergency. I returned with my wagon loaded with bottles and cashed them in. I spent the next hour sitting at the soda fountain reading and drinking a coke. I told myself that one day I was going to have a Willys coupe and sure enough when I was 18 I bought an all steel ex-B/G 41 Willys coupe body for $100and proceeded to build my version of that car.

27. Rich427

Rich427

Definitely falfas 55 and the 2 lane blacktop 55

[​IMG]

And also the Z11 63 Impalas
    [​IMG]

28. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

When I was about 5, I remember being at the local department store looking at the televisions. Wide World of Sports happened to be on and they showed Breedlove running on the salt. I knew then that one day I would be a racer. JC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  29. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Susie the little blue coupe.
    And all the other cars in the toon.

30. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Gotta' agree with you JC. My Dad took us to see the Custom car show in Seattle, right after Craig Breedlove took his famous swim. As you can see by my expression, It changed my life.
    [​IMG]