Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heads on a SBF 302

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punisher7, May 23, 2012.

1. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

We carry them in stock in both pedestal or stud rocker mount.

2. punisher7

punisher7

Does the $799 include shipping? Do the heads come with the studs? I'm looking for 3/8" studs.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

3. I agree with the guys on the Pro-comps, not a good product. They are made in China and are junk.
    As far as stock alternatives, the best heads Ford made for the SBF are the GT-40s, not GT-40Ps. They were available on 93-95 Ford Mustang Cobras and 96-97 Explorer V-8s. You can tell a GT-40 over a "P" head by looking at the front face of the head. If it has 3 raised hashmarks on it, it is a GT-40. Also, the plugs are angled. The "P" heads have the plugs sticking straight out. I bought an entire engine out of a 96 Explorer for $400. Look for the 96-97 Explorers, as you should be able to find these heads easier. Plus when you ask for Explorer heads as opposed to Mustang Cobra heads, you may save some $$$ and they are exactly the same heads. Take a look at the pic of my engine below. You can see the 3 raised hashmarks on the front of the heads. Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. punisher7

punisher7

Thanks Chuck. I will get out to the boneyards and see what I can run down for cheap.

5. FEDER

FEDER

I also ran the world products JR heads on My 289. Comp 500 lift cam and edl dual plane and a holley 600 vac sec. Runs extremly well. Really happy. FED

6. punisher7

punisher7

So here is my plan. I am going to have my stock heads cleaned up and then get them put back together so I can get my car on the road. In the mean time I will look for a set of heads to have worked. I will definately stick with american made heads. A buddy just picked up a set of Victor Jr's off craigslist for $400. I will update when I find something. Thanks everybody!