Register now to get rid of these ads!

46 Chev pickup garage sale buy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BJR, May 24, 2012.

1. BJR

BJR

Just bought a 1/2 ton 1946 Chev pickup at a garage sale this morning, and I am excited. I haven't got it home yet and didn't have a camera with me, so no pictures till I get it home. It is all stock and is suppose to run. I know these old Chev's don't have a very high top speed. Is there an easy way to fix that? Change the rear end or something, I don't think they ever made an overdrive for them did they? I assume it has a torque tube rear end, but it was pouring rain when I looked at it so I didn't crawl under it to look. Any suggestions as to how to make this hiway drivable, without changing the entire drive train would be appreciated.

2. Check with Patricks in casa grande, AZ

3. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Inquiring minds want to know, did you get a deal? Rain? We are dry as a bone in central Wisconsin. Hurricane winds today, too.
    Tom

4. BJR

BJR

Yes I paid what they were asking and I think I got a very good deal. No I won't say how much that was. It has a new clutch and new brake shoes before it was put in a shed in 1970. And it has a clear title.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2012

5. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

I wish there were garage sales like that here in MO...nice truck!

6. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Nice score. Lots of potential.

7. Great score.
    looks like it was cared for.
    Congrats!

8. Torchie

Torchie

Nice Find.
    Those trucks have a great grille on them.
    As was said earlier Patricks as well as Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Co here in Michigan.
    Get her on the road!

9. How about a 3.8 supercharged v6 from a early 90's GM product. with the whole front clip, including the transaxle. Leave the rear end in place,.You would have front discs, and power steering, even air, buy a Buick that's been hit in the rear. You would have all the toys, all cheaper than buying a new rear end and rebuilding the old babbit bearing 6. If you must be traditional, it will cost much more. I would like to see the Buick used. Should drive great. don't tell anyone and have a blast for cheap.

10. HEY flomaster... Nice truck. Canadians build cool rides. Like we have a choice when it's minus 30 below for months at a time in the winter ??

11. Yes it has a torque tube and mine only did about 45mph tops. Looks decent too.

12. barf

13. Gromit

Gromit

I agree.. but I think a build like that could be interesting... just not on anything I will be driving...

14. Black Primer

Black Primer

Nice score! Guess I gotta start hittin' the garage sales.