Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Is The Hamb????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, May 22, 2012.

1. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

HA! I'm also on pirate. Spudwrench.

2. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Two words: HAMB Andy. That says a ton about this board.

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I think, therefore I HAMB.

osage orange likes this.
  4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Some car people don't get it...

5. swazzie

swazzie

HAHAHA Damn Skippy!!!!!!! I got beat up like a zoo monkey! FAGS !!!!!!

6. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Just hand Ryan a plate of your famous cookies and you could convince him of anything. Ooops, will Ryan ban me for that statement.

7. ....Sad, but very true.:(

8. The HAMB is motivation for me.

I never did an introduction. 51Mercules came across Grouchos Lowrider thread with someone asking questions about my Dad & Uncles chopped 64 Rivi. Which they built in '67. They're (Heckle & Jeckle) not 'compooter' literate, so I jumped in on their behalf. That's how it started for me. Prior to that, I had never heard of the HAMB

9. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

What is the HAMB? Lurk for a while and you'll find out. I found this gold mine of wonderful people, with a google search for hot rod info. Lurked for a while and stayed. I'm also met and worked with some of the most knowledgeable people this side of Mars. And they want to be helpful. Just follow the rules. Need suspension/chassis help, ask for Elpolacko. Want to see some good designs, look up Jeem. Need pictures of ideas for a build, do a search. Its all here.

One rule to never, never, never, ever break. Post a picture of the Boss. Es ist VERBOTTEN!

10. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

When I first joined this site, I joined it without really understanding what it was all about. Now I get it and understand why the newb's get such a lashing. I love automobiles and fabrication of any period. With that being said, now that I've been here a while, I hate seeing anything non-traditional creep it's way in here. There are other sites for that stuff.

Ed

11. Model T1

Model T1

I'm not a hardcore biker. Not much of anything gets hard at my age. But all I was on till lately was several bike sites and station wagon site. The bike sites took more time than I should have wasted.
    Then someone told me repeatedly I should check out this H.A.M.B thing. Somehow I scewed up and it took three days to get on. A minor spacing in my site name caused it. Even had to get Ryan out of his sick bed to help. Among many things I'm not, I'm not a computer whizz.

In the two weeks or less I've been here I've learned a lot, which old dogs ain't supposed to do. Sent a bunch of messages and most have replied, even asking me questions. Makes me feel good! Haven't been many places but have met many of the old guys who started this hobby and many of the vendors. Feels like home already.

But now I feel sort of sad. My intellegent intro was mostly overlooked. And I write too much shit. I jumped right in and started making comments, sometimes about crap I probably no longer remember. Yet no one has been rude, bashed me or called me names. You don't love me!:(

12. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Your avatar sucks!

Feel better? :)

13. SLCK64

SLCK64

Its a Hokey Ass Message Board....dont think about it too hard lol :p

14. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

OK, hell I guess I am forgetting how it was......seems like everyone was alot nicer to the newbies back acouple years back....or possibly I just didnt give a shit....that could be it too.....I dont know, I will just shut up and go back to the garage, sorry I stopped in to share my thoughts when I dont have anything to think with....Jim

15. Model T1

Model T1

I went thru a lot of trouble going to the Florida Keys just to take that picture. Then I had to cut and paste each car into it. My avatar does not suck! But I do feel better. Thanks for caring!:D

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I don't know, that's some pretty sad photoshop. :eek:

17. Model T1

Model T1

Anyone who goes around studying chicken shit can't be all bad. Thanks!
    ;)As long as you guys are picking on my avatar you're leaving me and the other newbies alone!

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A treasure trove of archival Go-Fast photos & footage . . .

The definitive collective world-wide hot rod brain trust . . .

Aa ever-growing maze of halls & rooms where a Hamber has a free pass to wander to his (or her) hearts' content . . .

. . . and meet some genuine cool folks along the way.:cool:

Long Live The Boss!

19. Model T1

Model T1

Well put. I'm addicted to the place!

20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I went to a local parts store last week and for the first time I noticed a shelf behind the counter with some Rat Fink stuff and a decal that said "leaving billetsville" and something else. I pointed it out to the two guys working there [they had a little hot rod ink too] who does that belong to? Us they said; you guys traditional rodders? yep they said. HAMBERS? you know it, they replied. No wonder I can ALWAYS get the weird stuff from them that no one else can find. They speak our language!:D We are everywhere!

21. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Heck, I don't even have a strictly HAMB friendly ride, so I don't flaunt it much unless someone is specifically asking about it.....but I LOVE this place and check it out daily, daydreaming about the day that I will have an appropriate ride- Like an "A", Banger powered, dropped axle, full fendered....there I go again.

I've made alot of friends here and gotten alot of advice here. Best car site I've found that is not strictly limited to one model or make of car.

22. sololobo

sololobo

This where you can see more cool cars than ten life times of car mags, make great friends, learn a bunch, view and learn amazing historical info, stay in touch with friends you make here, sell and buy great stuff at no charge. Isn't that a bunch! ~sololobo~

23. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

Sheesh...this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! I'm going back and look for more threads about patina to get rid of this feeling...

24. paint2live

paint2live

And if you dont know....now you know.

25. rld14

rld14

What I have learned on here in a year exceeds the sum of my previous 36 years.

People I've met off this board are amazing, the skills and the willingness to share knowledge is second to none, and the cars.... Oh man are the cars amazing.

If this site didn't exist I would not be building myself a read hot rod. Period. Searching the archives and reading has taught me immeasurably.

26. Well said. I could not have built my truck without this board.

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Denise and others have got it right. the "old" HAMB was a brutal place for any who thought they were "king of the hill" and soon found themselves knocked down a notch or two. I had a fair grasp of things automotive with several years of national participation in drag racing and having owned a high performance engine shop and a oval track fabrication shop. With all of that (and looking back not all that big a deal) it wasn't but a couple of weeks posting I had my ass handed to me by one of the "REALLY"" knowledgeable HAMBers about a subject I thought I knew a fair amount about. This place is many things but is always the best "Traditional Hot Rod and Custom" site on the net.

Frank

28. Thats the damned truth isnt it. when my shop got ripped off I got a lot of tools from Tex Cal, and all over place, it was brutal but the friends made it worth every ass ripping I got,
    this is a famly from Denise to Phil in new York, NANCY GIRLS wow Denise LOL

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  29. I was told not to join and if I did, DO NOT post anything because Kiwis get hammered.
    Still waiting ...

30. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

this site was a cake walk,try doing a noob intro on The drake(sorry flyfishing related)