Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Jalopy Showdown adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWDUG37, May 21, 2012.

1. Heartbreaking. Love those '37 Flatbacks and I especially admired yours. Hope you can restore it to it's glory. Glad you survived. A friend of mine almost got nailed by a tractor-trailer in his '34 pick-up as he was getting out onto Pa. Rt. 15. Be careful everyone, there are idiots out there. Good luck with the rebuild.

2. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Hope you're OK? And, hope that it's repairable, a Great Car! I worry every time I go out for a drive in the "Garden State" .

3. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

WTF, glad your not hurt, frame machine is yours whenever you wanna pull that pillar, good thing it's rust free, don't have to worry about ripping it apart. grab a good door and running board and call me, we'll tighten 'ya right up!

4. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Glad to see you're ok... like most everyone else here I was drooling over your car at the Showdown. I'm so sorry to see that happen, but in the end it's just a car and it can be repaired/replaced. Hopefully it can be saved.

5. This is sad indeed but at least you are OK - I do hope the car can be fixed and still have the look - bitchin car ....

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Glad everyone is ok. All of us 37 lovers are teared up a little on the damage. Did the driver of the truck survive the day? Gary

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

aw jeez, Doug. glad you're alright. i hope you can give the car a comeback.

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hoooooly chit man... Sorry to see that, glad you're ok!

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

Sorry to see this, glad you are O.K. How do you crush a fender flat on top of a tire & the tire not go flat?! Shit, that must have been a giant pucker moment!

10. Damn sorry to hear about that... I thought I had bad luck at the Showdown this year when arriving on the fairgrounds Friday afternoon I put a hole in my oil pan crossing the grated bridge!

11. farmboyhotrodder

farmboyhotrodder
    from PA

Sue the truck driver and the trucking company. I'm sure this will be allowable because you have a "special interest car."

12. dayna.rankin@yahoo.com

[email protected]

13. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

Believe me it was awful how Doug is not hurt is beyond me.

14. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Dude...I just moved out of NJ after living there for 6 years. Those folks have NO idea how to drive. They're not like CA drivers who don't think, NJ drivers are malicious. Take that guy to court and make him rue the day he was born, then thank him for rebuilding your car and your new Spanish Villa.

15. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Oh man!! I always did a double take when I saw it in pics. Hope you are able to get it back together in a way that suits you.

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

wow; glad you're okay and sorry about the car :(. Most important thing is you're ok! jersey drivers are lunatics. Im sure youll have it back on the road in no time!

17. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

wanna sell it? Just kidding,good luck with it.

18. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

Man that sucks, When you guys rolled in on Friday I walked right over to your car. Loved it! Glad your ok and hope you can fix it.

19. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So glad your OK Doug. Hope the car can be fixed.
    Jim

20. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Thanks to everyone for your concern,goes to show that you never know.

21. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I'm sorry for you Doug and glad your ok . and your right you never know. Jared

22. dugbred

dugbred

Doug,
    I just saw this post. So sorry to hear about this, but glad you are okay. If there is anything I could do to help, just say so. Doug.

23. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Sorry to hear about your accident. Did the truck driver at least stop to assist .

24. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Holy Crap Doug! I opened this thinking it was going to be a good pics thread. Damn that sucks big time! How did you not kill the guy?

25. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Hey Doug,I may take you up on your offer,I think I may have found another body.

26. I had the same thought, about some of the parts from yours.:D Good luck getting it back in action.

27. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I fucking hate the way people drive here in NJ.. glad you are ok, it shows that these old clunkers are built to last. If you were in a Honda Civic you would have been dead!! Really sucks man, hope it all works out! -E

28. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Holy $hit,Doug...after everything you went through to get that car, then this. That is a shame, but as others have said, thank God you're OK!

29. Cheer up Doug your damage can be repaired and your ok buy the grace of God . Doug, don't think that all truck drivers are like the one who took your 37 out. Back in 85 i was on my motorcycle turning unto a ramp to get on the turnpike in Conn. and a guy in a Toyota pickup pushed me toward the guard rail until I had to stop. I get down toward the bottom of the ramp and a tractor trailer puts the Toyota into the guard rail and runs over his fender and hood. As i get down the road I get next to the trucker , he said he saw what the Toyota did to me and he took care of that guy. with a smile on his face he gave me a thumbs up.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  30. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank God your O.K. see you @ The Silver City Shakedown.