Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ace1935, May 21, 2012.

1. ace1935

ace1935

May be in over my head! I need a stock radiator for my 1935 ford truck? Can't stop now. Anyone know any one that makes repo?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

since not a common ride don't know what the experts have used. tried placing Wanted Ad here? done a search here for threads on radiators and sources to buy them - eBay has been good for some using an aluminum one. also, places like The Brassworks Radiators or fordbarn.com , etc

3. J & D

J & D

Walker makes them.

4. Shop well when you buy a repoduction radiator for the 35 if you are running full cowl. The radiator should have a clip on it to hold down the cowl sectoin. Most "generic" radiators don't come with the clip so you may have to add it later. If you have your old radiator you can ship it to Walker and they will recreate all the anchorages for you to match the old one.

5. 36tbird

36tbird

Probably telling you something you already know, but just in case----'35 truck is different from '36 truck but they look alike. I mistakenly bought a '35 for my '36 and did not check the fit before getting it re-worked, removed top filler and re-cored. I was able to add extensions to the '35 to bolt on the grille shell, but it took a lot of fabricating. Not sure you could go the other way, '36 radiator into a '35 grille shell.

6. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

I was just looking into this on my ride. I've got a radiator, but was looking at recoring it; list price - $890! Copper has gone up significantly over the old days. Classifieds might be your best friend.

7. JimSwann

JimSwann

Brassworks, $620.00 plus shipping. Bought mine for my 35 a couple of months ago. Cheaper and way better than Walker. The only thing I didnt like about the Brassworks radiator was the use of Rivnuts in the top of the radiator for cowl mounting. Great fit, very heavy material and it works great so far.

8. what makes brassworks better than walker?

i was going to recommend walker as it is what i have in my 32, and comes with a 10 yr warranty. read lots of great things about them.

9. JimSwann

JimSwann

I initially bought the Walker because of their reputation. The guys at Walker were extremely nice when I purchased the radiator and were just as nice about my refund. No complaints about their customer service.

When I recieved my Walker radiator it had one spot weld holding the pass. side bracket to the bottom, brackets welded out of position, few holes lined up. Very light weight radiator compared to the original.

The Brassworks radiator is much heaver and is a much better fit in the cowl. The only holes I drilled were for the bottom mounting bolts.