Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mox Miller video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impalamike, May 13, 2012.

1. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Holy Frankenfuck! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. If somebody back to me into a corner put a large gun to my head and said "tell me your favourite Kustom, only one, or I'll blow your freaking brains out!" I think I'd say the Miller 58. And there really is relatively little coverage of out there. I don't care that it was only a show car, and I don't care that he never drove it, and if that makes it a trailer queen so be it. All I know is it's freaking beautiful.
    Thanks again
    Paul

3. JokerJ

JokerJ
    from Hobergs

Killer cars, I saw them in the Rodder's Journal a few years ago. He's maintained them impecably but I have a hard time w/ "show cars". As nice as that Impala is, cars are meant to be driven! I guess it will be nice to show future generations.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome vid, great car!

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! I haven't seen that video since it was new about 15 years ago. Pat had a great idea with the video magazine concept, I just wish he had stuck to it.

This car to me has always been in my mind the perfect balance of custom and hot rod. To build something with as wild a panel paint as this has; then supercharge it and do halibrands with narrow white wall cheaters? If you just described it, it would probably make you think, "that's just wrong", but together it's beyond description!

I have always loved this car!!

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Joker, I totally agree with you on the cars are meant to be driven deal, and honest to God hand on heart if that Impala was mine it would be driven. I don't buy into this "that's too nice to be driven" crap. You just need to take good care of what you have, and when it stops looking nice, you make it look nice again.
    But then I will admit that there are probably quite a lot of people waiting in line to question my sanity.
    Paul

Edit; Perhaps I should add I fully understand that the above described philosophy requires time/inclination/skills/money and plenty of it.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  7. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

pretty sure they are in the same exact condition today

8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I bought the video, when it came out, the whole thing is great, the interview with Isky, and Bill Vinther, it's too bad Pat didn't sell more of them. It would have led to more work in that field for him. My favorite part was when Mox was telling about the engines and parts he had, and said, "and I don't sell Nuthin"!

9. autobilly

autobilly

Super cool, I really dig that late 50's/early 60's "Kustomland" look!

10. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

I bought it when it first came out too. I've about worn it out waiting for "Hotrod Video 2". All the videos out now [Mad Fabricators and all] show just how ahead of the curve Pat was. Talented guy.

11. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

I have loved this car for as long as I can remember. For me it was one of those cars that just stops you dead in your tracks. This video blew my mind and now I am truly obsessed with this car. I recently bought TRJ #32 with the article on this car. Blown away by how much was done to this car in 2 year period. Man it makes me feel lazy.

I know a lot of folks give this car and the owner shit for not driving it. At first I was part of this party but after reading the article and watching the video I really started to appreciate it for what it is. I mean that car was lowered right off the lot. It was wrenched on a lot, painted several times, won trophies(both at the drags and at the shows) and was a daily driver. Remember this was all within the first 2 years of life for this badass. This car has been there and done that it deserves to be pampered and preserved for everyone to see and learn from. This car really has it all. Like I have said before I am head over heels for this car and want as many people to see it as possible. Here is a link to more pics (yes a 6 year old thread!)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113883&highlight=mox+miller

12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yeah I would love to see those videos.. Pat was ahead of his time...

Mox Millers cars are awesome !!

13. That car is a time capsule! And I am one that preaches driving your shit. But, it is obvious from the vid that Mox has plenty more toys. Other than TRJ, this was the only view of the car and especially the man that I have had, thanks.

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That Mox guy sounds just like someone from a Bruce Brown film. I've always put that car in kind of the same camp as the Uncertain-T. Total show cars, really not drivable, but still massively appealing.

15. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Posted these up before, but I guess my timing was bad, got lost in the shuffle.
    Absolutely one of the best time period videos ever!...

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I saw this Impala when it was new on the car show circuit, when I was a kid in San Bernadino at the Orange Show fairgrounds. A true knock-out even at that time!

17. Rocky, I saw your thread the other day, just timing on the bumps!

18. habrielaCriss

habrielaCriss
    from new york

I just wish he had stuck to it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Pat's video was awesome, and to this day, it's the ONLY reason why I've kept a VHS machine in the closet. I still watch the video on occasion, and the Mox feature is one of my favorite segments. My all-time favorite part of that entire video is the Bill Vinter segment. Man, I love that car. It's in my all-time top 10 list, for sure. Plus, I really like all the bitchin' Danny Gatton music that plays thru the video. He was an awesome guitar player (RIP).