Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dallas - Need help finding big hat/where to ride bull?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repoman, Jul 17, 2005.

1. repoman

repoman

Leaving for Dallas for a 1 week business trip. I know there are some Texans here, so maybe I can get some suggestions on good places to go for a beer.

ASAP I would like to buy a big hat, and where can I ride a mechanical bull?

2. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

BillyBobs is the place then. It's the worlds largest honky tonk.

www.billybobstexas.com

There's plenty of top notch western stores within a couple of blocks of Billy Bobs to get your hat.

3. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Your wanting to go to Fort Worth. The only cowboy hats you find around Dallas will be our hispanic friends, and unless your fluent in espanol I'm not sure you'll fit in.

4. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Go to the Stock yards in downtown Ft.Worth. You'll enjoy it. They'll get a kick out of you too. TP

5. BadLuckMutt

BadLuckMutt

COWBOYS REDRIVER OFF OF I;35 IS A GOOD SPOT, ALRIGHT BANDS. JUST BE CAREFUL SOME TEXAS REDNECKS CAN BE WELL.......JUST BE CAREFUL HAVE FUN YOU NEED SOMETHING LET ME KNOW AND LET ME KNOW WHAT AREA YOUR IN SO I CAN POINT YOU TO THE HOTSPOTS. ALSO LOOK INTO GILLEYS ITS A NICE SPOT, BUT ITS MORE FOR THE CORPORATE COWOYS(RICH WANA-BES THAT DO THE COWBOY THING FOR SHOW) HAVE FUN HERE IT CAN BE A BLAST, AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU STILL WANT A HAT.:D

6. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

As far as a good place to hang out and drink a beer , try the "Hole in the wall" 635 and Harry Hines [a little seedy south of there] , usually has a good band rock and blues, makes a great burger. Not a cowboy bar but a good mix of locals out to have a good time. As far as Cowboy bars the stockyards in FT.Worth is the right place,Billy Bobs is pretty famous and had a mechanical bull the last time I was in that area.Now I will , say watch yourself because Saturday nights are when some of the dumbasses get pretty stupid down town, but lots of nice cowgirl scenery! Also don't expect us all to be riding up and down the roads in our ten gallon hats on horseback:D ! Have fun.;)

7. BadLuckMutt

BadLuckMutt

AH THATS WRONG MAN:eek: :D YOU CANT SEND HIM TO HAIRY SNATCH, I MEAN HARRY HINES, UNLESS YOUR INTO THAT SORT OF THING(NO-TELL HOE-TELLS, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) THERE ARE ALOT OF PLACES YOU DONT WANT TO GO AT NIGHT, EVEN IF YOU ARE PACKIN. IVE LIVED HERE IN DALLAS MY WHOLE LIFE AND IVE LEARNED THAT THIS WHITEBOY DOESNT BELONG IN CERTAIN AREAS. RICH FAIRLESS'S SHOP STROKERS DALLAS (FAMOUS CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES) IS OFF OF HAIRY SNATCH. PART OF HIS SHOP IS A LITTLE PLACE WERE YOU CAN PARK DRINK BEER, ORDER A BURGER, AND WALK AROUND CHECKIN OUT HOT CHICKS, AND CUSTOM BIKES. IVE BEEN THERE BEFORE AND I MUST HAVE HAD A GREAT TIME, I JUST CANT REMEMBER:confused:

8. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Hole in the Wall ain't bad ,it is right off of 635 , but as far as going South:eek: I wouldn't unless you like the hoochy coochie crack head take your money topless joints:eek: and such , but Ricks joint is down past most of that ,supposed to be fun on Saturdays with lots of bikes:cool: , I have never been there though.

9. du$ty

du$ty

harry hines is dirty.....strokers is gay..weak drinks that cost too much.its Texas you can buy a hat anywhere....and as for a bull....every bar has one you can ride...just not sure you want to.good bars depends....i drink on greenville but mostly in deep ellum...i like to stay close to home....so i can stubble back to my "crib".our lil' posse goes out once to seven nights a week depending.

10. repoman

repoman

Si Habla!

11. repoman

repoman

If you saw where I lived you'd understand that Harry's sounds just about right for me:)

I'm working downtown on Main street. Spent the last two dinners drinking at the City Tavern. A little too quiet, but comfortable.

I'll be there again tomorrow with my client, but I'll have to take some of tghese suggestions for Thursday night. Anyone up for a few then?

12. repoman

repoman

I'm not leaving Texas again without a fucking hat!

And how can I visit without riding a bull? It would be like you coming to Jersey and not getting some biker crank and fucking a stripper!

Texas kicks ass. I like you people. Anybody have some old Pontiac parts for sale?

13. du$ty

du$ty

i drink at elm st. bar most of the time...i might be up for a thursday drink or two...plus our shops pretty close to main & expo.im right at deep ellum and fair park.

14. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

Maybe it's cause I was a tourist, but you have to eat at Bone Daddy's I don't know the address but they had damn good ribs and way hot waitresses.

Ya and Deep Ellum (sp?) is the spot with all the bars, damn I loved Dallas.

Not much help with a hat or bull, I know.

15. Rusty

Rusty

Thursday nights at Red River is ladies night and they have a mechanical bull. Plenty of western stores all over Dallas. Cavenders, Sheplers, Lone Star, Boot Town, etc. You can get a cowboy hat anywhere in Texas. Bur pretty much every country bar in Dallas Fort worth has a mechanical bull. Hope this helps. Hey be careful drinking with Kartbreaker, you will wish you were back on the bull. Ha HA. No if you have the chance to party with him it will be fun for sure.

16. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Yeah if you are downtown anyway stay in that vicinity ,sounds like these guys suggestions are closer to that area,sounds like kartbreaker is a regular :eek: . Have fun and don't get in too much trouble down here! :D

17. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Oh yeah , I forgot ,the heck with playing with a mechanical bull , go around Mesquite area and ride a real one! :D

18. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

LMAO!!! You're killin' me, TP.

Repo, make sure that you get a pair of jeans that are about two inches longer than you would normally buy them (unless you normally cuff yours). The easiest way to spot a Texan imposter is by the short jeans that don't hang over the tops of their boots.

And remember, straw for summer, felt for winter. ;)

You know, I'm teasing you but, truth be told, I used to ride the bull myself. Now I just throw it and shoot it. :D

19. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

PM FlatTop (Bob) for your Pontiac needs in the area. I bet he's got somethin' or knows where it is.

20. BadLuckMutt

BadLuckMutt

21. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

That's funny, I was scrolling down to post that. One of the easiest ways to spot a Yankee/ Tourist. :)

22. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Bone Daddy's is off of central expwy. (75) and Spring Valley rd. North Dallas, just before Richardson.

23. du$ty

du$ty

im no yuppie....i am a yankee....hahha..theres a rockabilly night at the old crow on sundays...im not a rockerbilly either..but its an alright night...service bar and billiard are ok...i like elm street bar best of all...lee harveys is cool too.hell im up for a drink tonight ...well maybe right now...hummm bar of soap.

24. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

My appologies for hijacking the post, but I'll be coming in off the 10 from New Orleans and my buddy and I want to find one of the "Eat the 72 ounce steak and it's free" places. Any thoughts? Again, sorry for hijacking the post.

RRR

25. 58villager

58villager

The Big Texan in Amarillo

Jerry

26. BadLuckMutt

BadLuckMutt

Attached Files:

27. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Sweet! Thanks.

Matt

28. du$ty

du$ty

29. BadLuckMutt

BadLuckMutt

Attached Files:

• TOM.jpg
      TOM.jpg
      File size:
      2.6 KB
      Views:
  30. repoman

repoman

DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!

Holy hookers-everywhere!

Dirty Dallas. I had no idea. You might not let your boys grow up to be cowboys, but your girls are dirty whores!

I'm a New Yorker, Dirty Jersey guy, and I never saw more hookers per square mile than Dallas!

The guys I'm working with say it's because of where my hotel is -I'm by Love field. Even downtown is full of hookers though. When I'm old and horny (maybe tomorrow) I'll be sure to spend a vacation here.

Even the barmaids in the downtown dive keep grabbing my junk! I love this place!

My client told me about an area full of rockabilly bars downtown. Must be the other place you guys are talking about.