Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion 5/19/2012 - Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Had a great time, thanks for lettin me come down, lol. Maybe next year I will bring my 54 ford gasser with a 557 BBF, Made it back to WV safely. Thanks for a fun show.

2. doc's

doc's

I enjoyed watching the altered hit the track!

3. toucan

toucan
    from sc

motoandy you and your pop were cool and you did a great job gettin the little truck home! cant wait to hang out again.

4. edweird

edweird

curtis, yall did it again! GREAT SHOW! TO BAD I HAD TO DEPART EARLY.

5. edweird

edweird

anyone get any pics of porters chevelle ? damn that thing is beautiful!

6. Advance1, it was cool to see the altered, Im the one with the rusty A-coupe that ran you on the track one time.

[​IMG]

7. Shawn M

Shawn M

Geargoyles, you guys knocked it out of the park again! Thanks for all the effort!

Sock F'ers, you guys are too cool

Fellow Iron Lords and our dear friends that hang with us, good times as always

And to everyone else, don't judge us on Delton's choice of attire, wait a minute, he and Jeremy were shacked up all night.............

8. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Wow, where do I start.....

From all of the Geargoyles, we can`t say THANK YOU loud enough to everyone who came out this weekend! The show is so fortunate to have so many HAMBers come out in attendance.! I wish I could have met more of you and had been able to spent more time talking to the those of you I did have the great pleasure talking to.

This being just the 2nd show at Shadyside for us, the car count and spectator headcount FAR exceeded any of our expectations but there are absolutely no excuse for there not being enough restroom facilities to handle the crowd. This will be fully addressed at next year`s show . I sincerely apologize for this.

Again, thanks so much for the support and participation!

9. Curtis, the show was killer! Me and the rest of the band had a blast playing and staying for the later bands that night! My only complaint is all the beer wasted on the ground... ;)

10. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

We are going to order more shirts. $17 shipped. If anyone would like one, please PM me.

11. six one caddy

six one caddy
    from nc

Show was awesome!!! Glad I could make it and nice meeting everyone, I'm starting to do some changes for next year.

12. Gotta give a HUGE shout-out to the Geargoyles and all their friends for making the show an absolute blast! Gigantic success guys!

Thanks to the IL's and SF'ers for lettin' me hang out! (No, not literally!) Del, JerBear, thanks for letting me tag along! (Note to self....get a GPS!)

Kev, Nice shots! Glad you took'em, cause I didn't see half of them.

Had my share of strife as well....trailer flats coming down and headed home! Nothing like 2 hours of interstate without a spare!

Yes, the Tudor will be there next year! Already making plans!

13. Finally finished editing the rest of my photos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

WOW! This was an awesome show. Shadyside was PACKED!! My family had a great time. Here are a few of my photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

Man what a blast!! Hated I had to leave early. A lot of great cars and folks!

16. This one was WILD! Hooked up out of the left lane, then made a swap to the right lane the rest of the way. I heard he almost took out a flag girl on one run! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  17. 63bigbird

63bigbird

Show was killer. Well done guys, had a blast.

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Had to hide the glock in his underoos when the unmarked drove by.:D

Glad I could help.;)

19. slacker1965

slacker1965

great show!
    anybody happen to snap pix of the nash wagon/mini cooper?

20. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Not sure what your meaning by mini cooper but is this what your thinking about?.

Seems like I saw something on the back window about being a movie extra or something like that.

21. slacker1965

slacker1965

thx for posting....this guy sat the nash body over a wrecked mini cooper.....

22. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

To the Geargoyles and everyone that makes Steel In Motion 2012 a reality...

Stellar event.... We (Stewart's Rod Shop) are all ready looking forward to next years event.

Loved banging the cogs in "Operation X" .... in its first event of many.
    Hell I think all our cars (that came) made the track again......
    Good times and great people...

23. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great show! Thanks Geargoyles. And much thanks to the Iron Lords and SF*ckers for letting me hang out and convoy with them. vic

24. 68novagirl

68novagirl

25. hotdamn

hotdamn

B4C, you know we love you bro and you are welcome in our neck of the woods any time!!!

Flat-Foot, thanks for the props on bfast, I may not be proficient in a lot of things but I can fry the hell out of some eggs in a cast iron skillet!!!

(even if did take forever to get the coals hot;) )

Did any one get any video of Tommy's 39 Chevy coupe squaring off against that blue vette???

That was awesome to watch!

And porter as always is a damn one man show! I could usually give two shakes about a chevelle but damn that thing was bad ass!!!

26. hotdamn

hotdamn

and props to dick for getting the Laid in Suede trophy!

Such a nice trophy for such a rad car :D

27. Man, great show! Thanks Curtis and all the Geargoyles. Serious good times. Enjoyed hanging out with some of the Low Co, Iron Lord, and of course Geargoyle guys. Fortunately I missed Delton, but heard about it in our camp. Unfortunately someone posted pics here and I went temporarily blind! Hahaa, good times.

28. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Great pictures seadog! Thanks for sharing

29. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

This was my first time to this show. What can I say? It was best show I have every be too. Can not wait for next year. The car show, drags, music, and starter girl you can not ask for anymore. Next year I am getting hotel. Drive thru Winston and Greensboro at night was real nightmare. Do not change a thing. Maybe get more out houses.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  30. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Hanging with the Iron was great. Thanks for Shirts

Attached Files: