Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Does Your H.A.M.B. ID Mean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RagtopBuick66, May 18, 2012.

1. drove my Stude truck to high school - it made it when most didn't (start) but I was already working a 40hr work week - so it had to...since seeing most of the folks still today that I went from 1st through 12th grades - they always asked " is the "Stude still running?"....and - I also love the old moon shiners from back in the day.....

"Stillrunners" is also a registered business name I've had for over 20yrs....

Lawrence

2. RustNeverSleeps

RustNeverSleeps

You'd think it's a reference to the Neil Young album of the same name, but when I was a young kid, I saw <strong>Rust Never Sleeps!</strong> carved into the rear quarter panel of an early Mustang. Someone scrawled it into the panel with a plasma cutter and left it to rust and decay. It looked primal, like the scars left over from a bad run-in with a T Rex, and I never forgot it.

3. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

My name is Race and I work @ Rockets......Rockets Hot Rod Garage that is :) Seems simple enough!

4. mrdodge

mrdodge

Pretty simple. Had a 34 Dodge sedan and use the same name for all my internet sites, passwords etc. Have now got an O/T 66 Dodge Monaco 2 dr hardtop, so kinda right. Wish I still had that sedan tho......:(

5. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

After they tried to get me to reenlist,I told the Chief when I was getting out of the Navy that I had orders to be stationed at NAS Backyard..... (NAS = Naval Air Station)
    USN 1981-85 VP-48 NAS Moffett Field CA AMS2

6. Felix 40

Felix 40
    from Wisconsin

Great Album! Great Artist!

7. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

OBFB well that's simple Old Bald Fat Bastard, the rest is I drive a HA/GR Race car.

8. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

LRS30 ( my wifes first initial, my first initial, our last initial, and my age I was when we singed up to the internet)..lol

9. Dont think mine needs explainin. :D

10. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Our ID "maplefrm" is a shortened version of Maple Leaf Farm where we live. We bought the 1866 house and 15 acres of the original 300 acre farm. When we got online years ago and registered for our first email address we were limited to 8 characters. So, we came up with this as a shortened version.

11. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

<--------- Think she needs a ride fella, you've got her car!!!!

Gasoline Scream was lyrics in a song by an 80's new wave/gothic band called "Bauhaus". I named a few race cars using it and then as an I.D on forums etc. Kind of like it as it sums up how i feel about old cars and the feeling you get driving them.

Only other I.D i've used was "Dogtown Automotive". Don't really have to explain that one, ex skater. Had to stop using it as folks thought i was a trader and wouldn't deal on parts with me. Weird but true.

:cool:

12. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

THAT'S funny! When they tried to get me to re-up at the end of six years (they wanted me to go EOD) I told 'em "I'm getting ready to be retired!" They asked how I was planning to retire after only six years, and I told 'em "I was tired of it at four years but y'all got me to extend for two more. Now I'm tired of it again! So I'm re-tired." 93-99

13. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I'd BUILD a themed car if it meant she was gonna ride in it... LOL

14. Mine is the first two letters of my first name and the first two letters of my last name.

15. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Its what I do when I'm not playin with my HAMB friendly stuff (race an NHRA Stocker).

I'd like to change it someday with something a little more creative but from what I'm gathering, it's not that easy to do.

16. 56FRLN

56FRLN

Mine is due to no imagination :)

[​IMG]

Actually I just updated mine - it is my Dad with his '49 when he was in the Air Force in '51.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  17. I was born and raised in Vermont, The Geen Mountain State...

Who in fact are the Green Mountain Boys? Just a group of back country Vermont boys raising havoc. In fact the Green Mountain Boys were a group of a few hundred American patriots in the early American Revolutionary years that would later be considered the founding fathers of the state of Vermont.

18. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

mine stems from back when i was skater,i always was saying 'fuck-a-duck' & my name is chuck-so some little hotties around the ramps started calling me 'ducky'..while it seems every girl/lady tried "fix" me 'cause me--maybe i was damaged?

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

Uh, yep, but the point is that you could have searched and added to an already existing thread.

20. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Why? So you could chime in about dredging up a five year old thread instead? Just sayin'...

21. Well-just to play along.

BALI - best all around Surf/Culture country. -cant wait to be back there.
    ROD - my balinese moto-hot rod , boards attached. no speed limits.

surfing and hotrodding.. two of my favorite pastimes.

Peace-Andy

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

Uh, nope. You don't see the logic in the fact that the old thread already has thousands of members explanations in it? So just to float your boat everyone should post again?

23. CAMSHAFT666

CAMSHAFT666

mine is because my middle name is cameron...
    my dad and brothers always called me camshaft...

24. CAMSHAFT666

CAMSHAFT666

boo fucking hoo...

25. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

So far, you're the only one pissing and moaning. Everyone else seems to be enjoying it. Think of all the new members over the last five years. Besides, the last time I checked, it wasn't mandatory for anyone to post SHIT in ANY thread, so if folks are posting it's because they would LIKE TO. Of course there's always at least one asshole who feels the need to piss in the Cheerios. Bye Kirk.

26. Well my hamb ID is meaningless. Just one of the two songs i can play on the guitar.

Wait, it does mean something. It means i was banned a couple years ago and had to come up with a new one.

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

OK, I went back to dig up the other same threads and they are closed because they got too big. So, I was wrong, you couldn't have revived them. At least I checked.

My HAMB name? It's Chinese for I love kittens and RagtopBuick66.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  28. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

I live in Orlando, Fl and I love the old Star Trek episodes from the 60's... sorry but Captain Kirk was a badass.

29. smittythejunkman

smittythejunkman

They call me smitty and junk is my life !!!!!!!!!

30. Mine isn't terribly descriptive, but still manages to be unique. It is the first three letters of my last name with the first letter of my first name.

Jeff