Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 18, 2012.

1. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Right on Ryan, other forums I am on use this system, and it seems to work out awesome.

2. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great move.
    The eBay thing I can live without though - if I want to look at eBay, I'll go on eBay. Won't hurt my feelings at all if that goes away, even if you are getting paid for it.

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great idea. I originally joined so I could reply to a classified ad after just lurking for a year or so and now I can't believe all I've learned since joining. Thanks.

4. silent rick

silent rick

another good thing to come out of this is i don't need to check my ad to see if someone posted a question or i'll take it. all replies will come by pm. just log on and watch for the little flashing envelope.

5. There's classifieds here?

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I like both ideas, but I wouldn't want the Ebay stuff to get to using too much bandwidth, and I believe the potential for that is there. I recently violated the current rule, but unintentionally. Didn't even realize it myself till the next day.
    I was on a social group and another poster mentioned a car he had for sale, displaying a link, I followed the link and didn't realize I was on the classified ads forum.
    The car rang a bell from way back for me, and I posted a comment. Not until the next day did I realize I sinned!
    If you can perform your majic and actually make that mistake mpossible, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

7. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Ryan, Being a relative newbie on the HAMB, I have learned one thing. How to read the effin' rules for posting, classified or otherwise. These new rules will not affect me, as I don't use ebay. I do use C/L in conjunction with this site for selling the few items I have, but will never commingle them. As far as others have said requesting pics in an ad. I will either post the pics directly, or post a link to photobucket for the pics. The 3 day bump has never been a problem with me. Thanks for doing what you do.

8. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Wasn't that the rules? Don't post anything unless it's to say I'll take it? "If you want the item feel free to post so"? 12 huh? LOL. I wish. Or maybe I read that wrong? If I did, sorry. Lippy

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Overdue, now Rashy can work on his beauty sleep.

10. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow, Ryan,

I haven't used it--so I might still hate it--but right now, this new format sounds awesome. Thank you!

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

X2. Overdue.. But many kudos to Ryan for taking care of it. They all seem like very good changes.

12. ryno

ryno

he will never have enough time to catch up on that, but maybe now he can work on his elco....

13. metalix_421

metalix_421

x2^^^^^

14. rld14

rld14

When I read about the eBay section, what was it yesterday or wednesday I thought "ya know Ryan oughta just make it so only the OP can post in ANY classified thread".

And lo and behold you have made it so. I think that this is an improvement, like others have said its annoying when some FNG with 2 posts bumps an old thread...

15. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Jesus. You guys are just damned agreeable... I was totally expecting to get my ass chewed...

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  17. wvenfield

wvenfield

Now if I just had something to sell...........

18. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

x2...

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

Ryan,did you say you've got a newborn?? I'm pretty sure thats what I read so ...Congrats!! from a New Zealand Hamber. (hope this doesn't make me a suck up..:D:D )

20. ........Hilarious:):D:):D

21. I can just imagine you all's job is an hourly nightmare. I would just like to say THANKS for suppling it for us to massacre.

There's imperfections in most everything that a human does, and considering all the people now using the board I think all you guys deserve a hardy thumbs up!

Not sure about the Plee-bay thing, but the posting idea is a great one.

22. Gator

Gator

Perfect - I had the idea some time back that allowing only the OP to reply (bump) the ad might work...

Just be ready for a stream of 'why can't I reply on the classifieds' posts on the main board. :p

23. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Why would someone post an ebay add? Hey, would you other 180,000 hambers like to bid against me on this?

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You do realize the classifieds are there for folks to help each other out, right?

You aren't using them selfishly are ya? If so, you and your pals need to find a rope to piss up! :)

25. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

Ryan i think the new changes are going to work out great!! you should pat yourself on the back and take the day off. but don't go to far just in case this thing crashes.

26. slepe67

slepe67

Agreed. As he saying goes: a picture = 1000 words. If I'm looking at an ad & there's no photo... On to the next ad, regardless of he "Deal Factor."

Thanks for doing his Ryan! Sometimes change IS good!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So what are you going to do with all the new free time? ;)

28. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Works for me.

Thanks Ryan and the Mods. Your classified's have become my number 1 resource for cool old parts for my build.

29. The only drawback I can see is the Hamber's that help out the buyers by clarifying exactly what is being sold since the OP really doesnt know.

We can work around that...

Thanks Ryan!