Register now to get rid of these ads!

What year is my Holley???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alpo, May 16, 2012.

1. I already done a search and still haven't found what I want. I have a Holley 4160 which I presume is 600cfm and the numbers stamped on the choke tower are 1850-10 and below that is 0118. So that makes it an 1850 but on all the lists I find, they always start out with a 1850-2, 3, and 4 and so on and nothing lists a 1850-10. There is also a large 10 painted/stensiled on the drivers side of the choke tower.
    Can anyone tell me what year this Holley is and any other info. I think that on the lower number which is 0118, the last number is the year but which year??

2. What difference does it make they all take the same kit. If the linkage is plastic or has a lot of plastic in it it will be from the '70s through the '90s. they went back to the steel linkage when they built the commerative Holley in the early part of this century.

3. squirrel

squirrel

If you post a picture of it we might be able to tell. They've been making the 1850 for decades....if it looks new, it's probably new, but if it looks real old it could be real old.

The -10 thing is strange. Still having paint/stencil on it suggests that it's probably not real old.

4. It don't really make any difference. Just wanted to know if this carb is from the 70s, 80s, or what. Also don't find any list numbers like it in any lists, they start with 1850-2 and no "-10" just wondering why.

5. Will have to get a picture, When I get a chance.

6. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

Your Holley is a 2008 model yr so it's not hamb friendly!! The big 10 stamped on the horn is the inspector that flow tested the carb.

7. Oh. Didn't know my Holley wasn't hamb friendly. Didn't realize it was farily new.

8. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I think the newer Holley's use a lot of Torx screws, don't really know when they started that ?

9. squirrel

squirrel

The newer AFBs (new meaning from the 1980s) use a lot of torx screws, but I don't remember seeing them on the holleys. could be that I wasn't paying attention.

Some clues about newer or older...as mentioned, plastic parts are from the 80s-90s. Slot head screws holding on the float bowls are from the 50s-70s, maybe into the 80s, but were hex by the late 80s. The general appearance should help you figure it out, old stuff looks old, new stuff looks new. The really new ones are not available in the long used chromate finish, they're silver looking instead of gold looking.

The pictures would probably solve the mystery.

10. I'll have to get that picture taken. I bought some various PV's for it and also a backfire checkball deal for it; so I'll see when I start to take it apart what kind of screws and if it already has the protection deal for the pv. I read that Holley started to put them in in '92.

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I believe it's last year or the year before.

12. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

I was just messin about the hamb friendly as long as its a Holley. But it is a 2008 model