Register now to get rid of these ads!

8th anual King of Clubs car show and drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 3, 2012.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The Lifters car club will be having their 8th anual King of Clubs car show and drags on july 28th, we will post some more later.

2. lowko50

lowko50

Looking forward to it...

3. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

YES!!! I love it

4. RichB

RichB

My favorite event of the year!!!

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

blowers and open headers are welcome at Barona, no noise polution bullshit here!

6. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Best event in California. It's going to be a great time. Drag racing, car show, vendors, Burlesque, burlesque, party all night, yeah........

7. toddwith2ds

toddwith2ds
    from AZ

Can't wait! Making the trip from AZ this year.

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well we got the new flyers done, I'll have Joe post it when he gets a chance.

9. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

I'll do it since Joe seems to be lagging..

Attached Files:

10. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks Ben, Here is the line up for the bands, for the friday nite pre-party , we have Kooter , a country rock band, and we will try to get Jonny Voodoo to play on friday also.
    For saterday we have ; The Pioneers, the Cactus Jacks, Jonny Voodoo, the Creepy Creeps and Dead Bolt, The Carburleque Kittens will be doing the burlesque show, axle will be the d.J.

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The Miss Barrona A-go-go contest;

Tired of the same -o- pin up contests at shows , well so are we.
    The mid sixties were the glory days of drag racing and what helped make it an exciting and popular sport were the trophy girls and the hot drag race groupie chicks than ran the circuit, Girls like Linda Vaughn and others helped bring fame and glitter to the sport, they were featured in countless magazines, calenders and ads for high performance parts. everyone had at least one poster hanging in his garage or shop.
    As a tribute to them , we are going to host a go-go contest for the girls.
    So it's off with the poodle skirts, the Lifters want to see legs, gliter mini skirts, cheeky hot pants, go-go boots, 60's wigs and hair-dos and fake eyelashes and everything in period correct attire. The Creepy Creeps will be playing a special number for the contest , so you have to know how to go-go dance.
    The winner will be crowned "Miss Barrona A-go-go for a year and will recieve a tiarra and staff, as well as a gift basket from our vendors, a cash prize and a shot to be on a cover of a car magazine, and like drag racing, there is no room for second place.
    My buddy franco has some vintage pictures of go-go girls , so I'll try to have him post them so the girls get the right attire. If any one else has pictures, please feel free to post them.

12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Emma Peel "The Avengers" and cat women suits are welcome too, they too were the hotties from the mid sixties, gals , even if you don't enter the contest, make shure you bring you're sixties costums, sounds like it's going to be a ton of fun! or how aboat some Lt. ohurra star trek outfits, anyway give us your imput.

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

the gates will open friday at 3p.m. for those of you who want a good pit area or camping spot , I suggest you come out on friday, last year we barely had room to acomodate everyone.
    Once again my friend Bob from so. cal. paint will be hosting the friday night drags, after that Kooter will be our friday night band and maybe i can get Jonny voodoo to play a while also, i love fridays, they are really laid back and I get a chance to hang out with everyone.
    No open fires, last year some one left some hot coals on sunday morning and started a brush fire, luckily, my fellow club members were there and put it out. you are welcome to bring propane bar-b-ques and if anyone brings fireworks, we will call the tribal police, last year a guy had his 4 year old daughter lighting fireworks in the show area, this endangers everyones lives and property, there are cars with full tanks of gas, trailers with propane bottles and racing fuel and tons of dry brush, so please use some common sense , they are illegal in San Diego county and especialy on the Barrona Indian Reservation, NO FIREWORKS! we will call the police !

14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

We are adding another band for friday nite Roy Rapid and his trio!

15. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Tex likes him some skin baby!!!

Show some me leg (or more)!!

16. Badfella

Badfella

Boom!

Attached Files:

17. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

If any one needs vendor spots, please call me at 619 573 2637 or e-mail me at [email protected] a 10x10 is 80 dlls, and you get 4 admition tickets, a 10x20 is a hundred and twenty and you get 6 admition tickets

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Okay guys , here is the schedual for the friday pre-party ;

Gates open at 3 p.m. Bob from So Cal Paint will be hosting the friday night drags again 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. it's free to watch but if you want to race it's a hundred dollar chip in, but you'll get a lot of passes,if you want to race, contact So cal paint works at 619 449 2500 or e-mail them at
    [email protected]
    At the dinner break at 6.30, country band Kooters will be playing and at
    10 p.m. Roy Rapid and his trio will be playing.
    So for those of you that are going to race or camp, come down friday and get a good spot and have a fun filled evening with us.

19. Jenz38

Jenz38

Hi Miguel,Hi Guys..
    Wish you all a nice Mufflerless Party..
    (Miguel,hope you drink an extra Beer for the German Members )

Cheers

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ya I wish some of our german brothers could come out to our show, i'll be mixing my jungle juice [brisk ice tea, sweet and sour and rum]

21. Jenz38

Jenz38

AUHAHH... hears like a Blindmaker :D.....
    OK I try that one of our Gals mix it here too, for the next Party.
    PROST

22. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Just don't blame me if the party gets too wild!

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

For those of you who have'nt raced at Barona, the requirements to race is a catch can for the radiador, a seat belt, a batery hold down , and a helmet.

24. My back can not handle another weekend in So. Cal for a while. Still recovering from last week. Next trip for me is Bonneville. Love to try some of your Jungle Juice there though.

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The weather in San Diego has been great, a nice 77 degrees, if it gets too warm in tucson , come on down and I'll have some of my jungle juice for your back pain.

26. Badfella

Badfella

Getting real close!! Here's a flyer from the Burlesque troop we have performing...

Attached Files:

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

For those of you who hav'ent been to the show, just google "King of Clubs car show and drags" there is plenty of you tube videos and pictures of past shows.

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I guess Bad Bob will be busy taking pictures of these gals.

29. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

This is what we are looking for for Miss Barona a Go Go!!

Attached Files:

• dead.jpg
      dead.jpg
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
  30. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Yes , this is the lady we will be honoring with our "Miss Barona A-Go-Go Contest" Linda Vaughn was by far the "Queen of Drag racing" so if anyone else has pictures of her or other drag girls, please post them so this years contestents will have an idea on how to dress up.
    Also "Dead Bolt" will be playing again this year.