Register now to get rid of these ads!

plymouth build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wiggins, Jun 10, 2011.

1. hkestes

hkestes

Make sure the two wires inside the dist cap are in good shape. These can get brittle over time and look like they are good but develop problems which can cause your issues.

I also would say I agree with farmergal, I am running the HEI from Langdon's Stovebolts on my flathead and have had absolutely zero issues with it in 4 years. There are also some guys on the P15-D24 forum who have reworked Mopar slant six HEI to fit the flathead. http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=20477&highlight=electronic+ignition

Of course that would require 12V.

2. VonDad

VonDad

Tankwilson, love your car and looks like the picture was taken outside the Elbow Inn in Devil's Elbow. Its close to where I live and have downed a few there myself.

Love your car and Choprods is one class act for sure. Best on the build. Will be watching to see how it turns out.
    VonDad

3. wiggins

wiggins
    from Center, MO

points and everything were bought at o'riely. the points were cheap, i admit, but for right now i just want to see it fire. i thought i saw spark at the points, but it was somewhat bright out, haven't got the chance to try it in the dark (car is 30 miles away from my apt at my parents house)

i tried the holding plug wire from dist trick, didn't see a spark there, which is why i'm thinking its the dist.

the dwell is off, i know that, didnt have my feelers at the time, so just set it by guess.

hopefully this weekened will bring some spark to the old beast. then like bobjob said, onto fuel system

4. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

NO NEED TO CUT UP YOUR CAR, NO SUBFRAME NEEDED!!!!!
    You can easily install a SB Chrysler 273-318-340-360 into that '49 with the correct exhaust manifold on that steering column side. Our Eng/Trans mount instruction sheet tells which is the best to use and we offset the later Chrys eng slightly to the pass side for extra clearance too!
    We also have complete rear axle mount kits to make it easy to install a later MOPAR rear axle in that thing, comes with Gas Charged Shocks, everything you need.
    Front Disc Brake kits are coming soon. Hope I have helped some. Thanks, Butch
    P.S. We built and supplied the chassie parts for MANY of these old MOPARs from 1928 thru 1956 for YEARS!! (Used to be Butch's Rod Shop" 1975-1999)

5. wiggins

wiggins
    from Center, MO

update on this, bought my gfs 5th ave from her, gonna use the 318 in it as a motor, along with the rearend, already have brake conversion kit from rustyhope. havent had much time because of college, out for the summer, so back to cars and bikes.
    i'll be at rust revival in wayland, mo tomorrow.

butchscoolstuff, I'll probably be ordering a motor mount kit from you guys in the next few weeks, i'll email you when it gets closer to time.

6. 73RR

73RR

Good to hear that you are keeping it all Mopar!

7. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Lots of potential there, congrats!

8. marv norton

marv norton

If you need the spare tire hole metal? I have a ever nice one I cut out of my Plymouth.
    Thank You
    Marv Norton
    Greater K.C.,MO. arer

9. wiggins

wiggins
    from Center, MO

Thanks, but I'll be making my own trunk floor though after I lower it though and will probably lose the spare tire spot.

And yeah, took a few months for me to convince her to sell it to me, her dad wanted to just give it to me, but I didnt want to feel guilty if we split, so I gave her a few hundred for it. 116k miles, starts right up. She quit driving it because of gas milleage and the radiater has a leak.