Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glad to be here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by wardtree, May 17, 2012.

1. wardtree

wardtree

Hey, Everyone, we just made an offer on a '63 GMC Pickup, and we are cautiously optimistic that we might get it. It will have to be shipped here, since it is several states away. One question I have is .. can a painted grille and bumpers be chromed, or are they the wrong type of metal? If I needed to buy a chrome grille and bumpers, where would I look, and how much would it cost? This is going to be fun ... we had a '62 in the mid-70's and wished we'd never sold it.

2. bennydog

bennydog
    from Corona

Welcome.. I did a 65 truck. I just bought a chrome repop grill. There is an awesome place called the truck shop in Orange Ca. that has great prices for all of your needs for the 63.. they also have good catalogs to look through even an online catalog, theres also brothers in Corona, but the car and truck shop in Orange has better prices! good luck

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Oklahoma. You should be able to have yours chromed but the cost would probably be nearly what chrome repop would be. Have fun.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

6. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

+1

Truck shop in Orange for sure.. And welcome to the HAMB from California, glad you could make it

7. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from Oregon!

8. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa. I hope you get the truck.