Register now to get rid of these ads!

Camaro springs question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48bufordsled, May 17, 2012.

1. 48bufordsled

48bufordsled
    from u.k.

I HAVE JUST PUT A MID 7O's CAMARO CLIP ON MY M5 STUDE TRUCK.
    MY QUESTION IS, ARE THE FRONT SPRINGS SIDED.......YOU KNOW.....DRIVER / PASSENGER ???

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Nope....they are ambidextrous

3. Model T1

Model T1

I've never put a coil spring on a car that said RIGHT or LEFT side only! Me and friends did several Camaro subframes and replacement springs and MMII conversions. If they are side-specific I was either lucky or it didn't matter. Same with rear leafs. Grab them, stick them on, and hope. Next time you buy new coils or leafs see what it says with the instructions. Unless it's some exotic car with AC maybe, there is no difference.
    But with anything you don't know about for sure, it doesn't hurt to ask.

4. Do Camaro parts for a living---there are no left or right on the springs. Good luck with the project.

5. Some GM cars with AC had side-specific springs due to the weight of the compressor, etc being on one side of the car. They were usually identified by a tag attached to the AC side spring. This may not apply to your Camaro springs.

Bob

6. 48bufordsled

48bufordsled
    from u.k.

7. Nope in case it hasn't already been said.

8. Not true with leafs. Many Mopars had different left and right rear springs in the Muscle car era.

9. 48bufordsled

48bufordsled
    from u.k.

cool.................i can drive underwater !!

10. CAMSHAFT666

CAMSHAFT666

Now thats funny!