Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Aquamino gets interior, 59 ElCamino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flt-blk, May 15, 2012.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks awesome. I hadn't see the screaming robot yet. That's kick ass. I may have to steal elements of that one. :D

2. I fogot the picture of my ghetto sandblast booth in the back yard to clean up the doors.
    [​IMG]
    surprisingly it didn't make much of a mess.

3. Once I got the inside all sealed up I was comfortable investing some money in a nice interior.

After shopping around a bit I was put on to Ciadella Interiors. http://ciadellainteriors.com/
    These guys rock. I did a lot of shopping on line then gave them a call to place the order. I was actually helped by Gina Ciadella, how is that for going to the top.
    We went back and forth mixing and matching materials from different years and patterns as she emailed me pictures to look at. Then she would not let me place my order until I had a chance to check out some material samples…… she actually wouldn’t take my order…
    I got the samples and made my decision.
    Carpet
    Floor Mats
    Semi-custom door panels
    arm rests
    Kick panels front and rear
    Headliner
    seat foam
    Visors
    Tack strip
    New welting

Very nice stuff and it showed up right at the 3wk mark she said it would, not bad for being custom made and sewn to order.

It all showed up nicley packed in boxes and came with extra door panel material and extra headliner material
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Late last year I checked out all the posts on here about sound deadening.
    I ended up using fat mat, found a good deal on ebay and spent a day installing it all over inside.

[​IMG]

Not only did it deaden the sound, it also covered some of the firewall holes and drain plug holes which worked out great for keeping the fumes from my header leak out of the cabin, but not so good for draining the water before I did the new drains listed above.
    The only down side is their logo looks like transformers, I got some grief from my friends about the transformer carpet..... Screaming robot, meet transformer carpet??? Seems like I have a subliminal Sci-Fi theme going on here. :eek:

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  5. Did I mention Ciadella Interiors rocks... http://ciadellainteriors.com/

I don't want to sound like an infomercial, but their service, lead time, and quality has been outstanding.

6. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

nice work dude.

I have never been a fan of consoles or cup holders, but yours has changed my mind

7. servi53

servi53

dig it, great work

8. ryno

ryno

Looks good dude
    You guys comingdown for the drags? As offered before,if you want to post up the trailer in the yard you guys are more then welcomed.

9. Squablow

Squablow

The screaming robot is equal parts brilliant and terrifying. I look forward to seeing the completed interior. All very nice work so far.

10. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Gorgeous work so far! I love the screaming robot!

11. pregrid

pregrid

Sub'd cause I wanna see how this comes out. Great work!!

12. glad to see my foster hot rod is finally getting the love it deserves :cool:

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i have a growing lust for an elky and yours in one of the reasons why.

14. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Screamin Robot=Cool! Nice job on the Elco.

15. Yes! Just say it, its easy! ;)

16. First piece of interior to show up was the carpet, so I had to lay it out in the living room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

There is more to laying this stuff than just putting it in place...
    Trimming fitting, a little work with a heat gun.
    More trimming,
    unbolting anything in the way so it goes underneath...
    Punching holes for all the bolts so it doesn't unravel the sweater.
    etc.
    The best part was putting on the new scuff plates... MMmmmmm the icing on the cake,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My hero, makes me wanna come to LSR next year just so's I can shake your hand.

18. RatRod65GMC

RatRod65GMC

I definitely like that cupholder/ shifter cover... tasty!

19. Back to the details
    Door panel Before and After
    The before I made a top piece by welding together 4dr front and rear, then cutting my own boards. The spare bed gave up a sheet bcause it looked better than having nothing at all.

[​IMG]

These custom door panels from Ciadella are beautiful... fuzzies installed, metal edging, factory ring shank nail type attachment (That didn't line up, but some pattern making and a drill fixed the door)
    the handles are 64??? Impala units that came already upholstered with the same material they used on the door.
    [​IMG]

There is still welting to go around the door opening to fill the gap.

front kick panel
    These panels from Ciadella are the hard board backer covered with vinyl... nice pieces.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    rear kick panel Before and After
    I made a panel to cover the back wall out of plywood and covered it in the white vinyl I used for the shifter boot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

Looks awesome great job!!

21. It won't hurt my feelings if it came to stay with you this winter for body work.

22. Clint59

Clint59
    from Australia

good looking elky luv the cup holders so cool

23. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats on a beautiful hot rod, love every fab detail. I am very impressed with the interior folks and their approach to a happy customer. The console is so over the top cool. Thanx for sharing this awesome work. ~sololobo~

24. That is just beautiful - great work there !

25. Nice work... really love the console!

26. looking good man

27. The only thing left is installing the tack strip, welting, and headliner.

The welting Ciadella sent was a factory Green/Aqua that really didn't match the Blue/Aqua I used on the door panels and carpet.

Plan B was to send it back and they would sew up some new pieces using the vinyl from the door panels.

I got a call from Gina yesterday and we are on to Plan C..... They are concerned the Vinyl welting will wrinkle too much on the corners, and they don't want my car to look goofy. She is ordering a special cloth material that is closer to the blue/aqua on the door panels and they will sew it up when it arrives......

......ONCE AGAIN I AM IMPRESSED WITH CIADELLA INTERIORS, THEY WON'T LET ME SCREW UP MY CAR WITH THEIR PARTS... :)

The tack strip showed up yesterday
    Headliner is sitting in my living room
    Waiting for the custom welting then It can all go together.

They have a video on their web site on how to install a headliner that I have watched a couple times, plus I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the other night... So I should be able to do the headliner myself. :rolleyes:

28. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Looks great all around. Do your door handles have plastic chrome bases?

Curious because I am getting ready to start a red version for a friend.

29. Great tech thread! I will have to go through the same process on my '59 but instead of the short Elky lid I am talking lo-o-ong Sedan Delivery roof! ... I am already sore from sanding! It all looks super!

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"I, for one, welcome our new Screaming Robot overlords..."

Seriously cool.