Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Tudor Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47 Tudor Guy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. 416Ford

416Ford

Just finished painting the new shop walls last night so I am planning on rolling my car in there this weekend so I can start working on removing and re-installing the front sheet metal on mine.
    I see Jeff beat us to the road so I need to get working on mine so I am there next spring (I'd say this fall but I know that won't happen) :).

2. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Good to hear from you Dave. Hope you make good progress!

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Hey Mike---you are on the downhill now--post some pics of the car with the clip on it whenever. I just read the entire thread again. Really like the car--Marty.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this is a beautiful car, and I simply love fastback Fords. I can’t wait to see it put together. That red paint knocks me out.

-Dave

5. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

40FordTudor,
    Hey thanks. I hope to have the 35 chevys hood done this weekend and then I will be able to focus on the 47. I'll probably get some done on it this weekend. I have a few things to resolve before I bolt the clip on it but hopefully by July i'll have it bolted together. I am travelling on business the last 2 weeks in may unfortunately so I will lose some valuable time.

Dave, You dont sound like a broken record. :) I keep reminding myself that every little thing I get done is one less thing I have to do. So I keep chippin away.

6. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

WOW, cant believe its been over a year since I posted here. I would like to say that I have made a lot of progresss, but alas, I cant say that. Well, I could but it would be a lie. Life got in the way... we bought a new house last summer so we moved (can you say HUGE BARN!?) and I have had some health problems. My business has also exploded and is demanding a lot of my time, so I cant complain there. I am not back to 100% health yet, but definitely improving. Hope to get back on the 47 again soon. I'll try to post a pic of the barn soon... I LOVE it, for sure!!!

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I thought you’d given up on us, actually!

I didn’t realize that, and I’m sorry to hear it.

Amen!

You should also check out The Garage Journal. It’s like the HAMB for garages, barns, and workspaces of all types.

8. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Thanks Dave, I will do that. Hey, do you still want me to shoot clear on those covers for you? I meant to call you sat then promptly forgot...

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Saturday got really busy for me (went to visit camping in laws down by Davison), so no worries. But yes, I'm still planning to clear them with you - just let me know when you've got some time.

Speaking of which, how much time should we set aside for it?

10. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

I'll need to look at them, and then I can give you a better idea. Clear usually takes 24 hours to set up good, but the actual prep and spray shouldn't take too long. an hour or two at the most maybe...

11. 416Ford

416Ford

Nice to see you back at it Mike.
    Hope your health continues to improve along with your business.
    BIG barns are great, I am fortunate enough to have two garages and one BIG barn. Still have stuff sitting outside that should be indoors including the two 47 Dodges.
    Should have all the sheet metal on mine this weekend.

12. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Hey! Good to hear from you... Glad to hear of the progress!!!

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

They're standard plastic iPhone cases with One Shot striping.

I just need to know so I can let Crystal know. Ideally, I'm sure she'd like to come participate if her mom will take the girls.

Attached Files:

14. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

car is looking better everytime I see it. I'm still plugging away at mine. keep it up

15. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Tudor Keith, Thanks man! I need to check out your pics again! Nice car though!

Dave hope she can work it out! That would be great. The more the merrier! :)

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

good lookin tudor! im thrashing on mine as well, keep up the good fight :)

17. Biothree

Biothree

Good progress and good looking car. I am plugging away on my '46 tudor restorod.

18. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

19. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Has it really been 4 years since I posted an update? WOW. well thats mostly because I have not done much to the car. BUT I should be back on track again this year. LIFE just kept happening. Y'all know how it is. so... all that to say, STAY tuned!!!

20. 416Ford

416Ford

Yes, FOUR YEARS. And we are still waiting....
    Hope you and the family are doing well. Hot rods are fun to work on NOT an obligation.

21. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

the past few years have had some challenges for sure. Hopefully getting it behind me now. I had a few false starts on this project but I am hopeful to be on it again soon.
    Hope all is well for you too!!!