Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Jalopy Showdown; who's coming, what ya lookin for, what ya bringin ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jeepers00creepers, May 15, 2012.

1. You say that so casually like there was nothing leading up to that drive....

I'll have some cold beer, one has your name on it

I drove the 59 to work and had to fix the carrier bearing when I got home.
    Glad it happened then and not half way from Chicago to Harrisburg
    [​IMG]

2. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

I'll be up in the Henry. I have some of those parts in York, but not bringing anything to the meet.

I'd be up for a Hamb'r meet n greet

3. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Hope you get it sorted out No. 6, that coupe turned out great.

I'll be riding there on a shitty '74 CB500, or driving my beater '87 Civic. (Hey, when you're sick for a few years you have to take what you can afford.)

Either rolling in Friday night, or Saturday morning.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Much obliged!:D

Excuse my ignorance to anything remotely GM related... What caused that? Is the driveshaft true? It doesn't look to have that many miles on it.

5. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

Noon sounds good as long as it doesn't meen were getting married like last year!!

6. Look for the Redliners CC... we will be pulling in early Friday afternoon to set up camp. We will be in a 50 Ford Woody, black Model A, F1 pickup and hopefully a 30/31 light blue roadster.

7. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

I always get a kick out of the idea of a HAMB meet and greet at the Showdown. I doubt there will be 20 people in the place that AREN'T on the HAMB. :)

See everyone there. Looks like great weather for the show.

8. ...........That many!:rolleyes:

9. I may make it yet, seems there was a 1/2" washer stuck under the intake valve. When we loaded it up at the machine shop it was raining and we had a bag over the motor and chain, when we took off the chain I guess the washer fell off and in the intake port. My gaskets come tomorrow and if I can get everything tuned in on Friday I will be there.

10. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Dontcha just hate it when that happens?

Just glad it didn't crap the flattie...........

Best of luck getting it together and up there with the rest of us.......

11. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Good deal man, hope to see ya there!

13. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'll be running up early Saturday AM with the sport coupe . Looking forward to the run up there with my friends

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  14. onelowc10

onelowc10

I'll be there with my sedan for the first time. My brothers is one of the metal shapers so i'll probably be hanging with them. Stop by and learn something, they're a great bunch of guys and very helpfull.... I'll be looking for some of those mirrors that clip on the tops of the doors and a small rear view mirror oh and some 15 inch hubcaps for the car trailer. Always a great show, See ya there. Dave

15. rambler62

rambler62

My 13 year old son and i will be there....gonna be a great father / son day!

16. I'm also looking for some pre 1960 seats that could fit in a '30 Model A tudor, front buckets and rear bench. So if anyone has something like that sitting around bring them and go home with some cash.

17. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

A couple of us Others cc guys are headed down tomorrow AM. The weather is looking great.

18. Verminator

Verminator

I tore up a bunch of them in my 60 Parkwood. You can't tighten them up with the car jacked up -- Weight has to be on the rear. When I put the bigger motor in, I used one of the urethane bearings --it was like $100 instead of $19, but lasted longer than the car. It's currently living in my friend's 58 biscayne

19. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

I'm looking for some moonshine(matt and ed) and some dam good times. Weather update fri thru sun high of 80 lows about 50 perfect weekend. Oh and the 8th annual DB get together

20. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there with a few bucks in my pocket and plan to leave with empty pockets and a huge smile on my face. Already have some purchases lined up.

Car isn't ready for this one, but there is always next year, or the year after that, or the year after that.....

21. I plan on being there sometime saturday, but the ole dodge just aint going to make it again this year, just have not had the time to finish the brakes and fuel system....looking for 1 damaged or decent 54/55 Studebaker hub cap, wiper arms and fender trim for the dodge, lake pipe cap(I misplaced 1), a cool pair of tailligts, maybe a frenched headlight kit, and maybe some other odd ball pieces to pull that whole project together....

22. I have a slip joint so it doesn't load the bearing, you'll also notice it has been pumped full of roofing tar to stiffen up the rubber so it doesn't fatigue. I think it is just a weak chinese POS.... If you look at the base, you can see where I had to re weld the bottom plate back on before I put it in a couple years ago.

I tried one of the Expensive Billet and Urethane ones, but the bearing started moving in the urethane causing a vibration.... Guess the E-Bay cheapo route wasn't a good idea.

Good news is it is all fixed, Teardrop is loaded and I'm headed out tonight.

23. We will have googles on the table for those roadster drivers and riders!

24. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I'll be there

25. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Karen and I have been loading the airstream all week. I am looking to blow stuff out!!!!! We have vintage trailer parts and camping equipment. Original 52 and 53 desoto grills, 32 ford closed car windshield (original), pontiac parts, straight six chevy parts. vintage luggage, I don't know we just keep shoving stuff in the camper. Look for the nasty beat up airstream.
    Ted-

26. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

anyone bringing any Caddy speed equipment?

27. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

About half my load so far.

Attached Files:

28. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

29. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Im in need of a model a front spring stock or aftermarket in good shape and a model t rear spring and anything else for my roadster or wagon ill be there first year for my boy 8 months old now no car or truck this year as my truck was t boned look for me Saturday ill be pushing a 1940s baby carriage if you have the parts i need.
    [​IMG] had a blast last year