Register now to get rid of these ads!

update on the f100.. been awhile.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, May 15, 2012.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

been awhile since I've updated you guys..
    got it out of the body shop back in the fall and have been working on the details... still lots to do..
    from this
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to this today.. been a fun ride the whole way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Going to get the stance down a couple in the nose and whatever it needs in the rear.. prefer that height over the lower.. plus I get to keep the factory twin I beams which I like. Going to tuck the front bumper in and finish up the interior. probably going to do a heart transplant this winter .. just not satisfied with the 5.0 c6 combo.. she is fun to drive around town.. but not so much on the highway with 370 gears... and driving it around town is what I originally built it for.. but, now I'm driving long cruises with groups. thinking about doing a
    stroked small block ford with AOD ... something more street friendly.. but powerful.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Mattilac

Mattilac

Lookin good dude. I like how you moved the turn signals from the upper valence to under the headlights.

3. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Thanks Matt.. been awhile man, how is your truck coming along? Done any cool film stuff lately? I've been stuck in live studio tv land and building out HD studios for the last 7 months.
    bout the coolest thing I've done is a photoshoot of a 58 chevy wagon.. its popping up in magazines here and there.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Looks good! Way better then mine...

5. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn.... That truck has come a LONG way since the last time I saw it.

Looks great.

6. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Thanks.. its one of those ever evolving and never ending projects

7. Tacson

Tacson

Are you gonna make the F100 Supernats this weekend with it?

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

9. p51mustang

p51mustang

looks good.. but I would put a T5 in it.

10. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

Man, what a transformation. Love skipping the in between pics once in a while!

11. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I hadn't thought about that... would be fun to drive.

12. 65fordguy

65fordguy

13. nice job... im starting to see a few of those trucks sitting around for sale. Maybe one day I can pick one up!!! Quick question. I saw one recently and it looks like its sagging in the middle between the cab and bed. Are they prone to rust in these areas???

14. 65fordguy

65fordguy

not really in that area... sounds like someone loaded it up too heavy and bent the frame... or the cab mounts or bed mounts are screwed up.. if either one are not right it can make it look like that... when I first put my bed 64 on the 65 frame it was way off.. 64 and 65 frames are slightly different.. the whole mounting system had to be redone.. lol.. well the whole bed floor had to be redone.. the bed floor was swiss cheese.. even after I got it mounted it had to be shimmed up in the front so it wasn't nose diving like you speak of. If you go to look at one thats is like that.. I would check the frame... if it isn't bowed.. then check the cab mounts .. those are really common for rusting out .. if they are fine.. check the bed mounts... it may just need to be shimmed like mine. good luck! These trucks are picking up in popularity.

15. scrubba

scrubba

Certainly cleaned up very nicely. scrubba

16. salf100

salf100

Love the outcome so far and the color is great! I've been working on my 64 for 4 years and it's still a diamond in the rough:) I had my bed off for 2 years and when I put back on its was waaay off!? Had to
    Make some frame and bed adjustments to get it right.

17. 65fordguy

65fordguy

at my clubs recent show-- good turn out... about 250 showed up.
    [​IMG]

I had these aluminum headlight bezels..
    [​IMG]
    or I thought they were aluminum.. I think they are some sort of bright metal.. it won't shine up no matter what acid,abrasive, or polish I used... ended up shooting them with alumacoat ceramic coating... working on getting some steel ones.. but, for now I don't mind this look... needed something, was tired of riding without headlight buckets.

Check out the grand canyon between the grill and bumper! I've pulled the brackets off the 64 parts truck.. will be cutting off the 65 frame horns.. and tucking the bumper back using the 64 brackets..

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  18. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

How are you planning on lowering it those few inches?

19. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I have a guy here runs Heavy Duty Truck Shop.. He has the gear to bend beams properly... the plan is to reduce the height of the springs.. he will either replace the springs with a proper height and spring rate spring... or we may just cut coils.. but.. we will test them out to make sure it is ok.. bend the beams back in to alignment... and check and correct steering if needed. probably get 2" with out doing much work.. 1 to 1.5 easily .. and I don't need much to make me happy.. not looking for a 5" dropped look. I know there are various opinions on this.. but, I feel better doing this than buying 600 dollar tube beams from DJM, plus expense of parts needed to complete install.. at least I got a guy who knows what he is doing.. and has done it many times. this will likely cost me 300 bucks. I used to be against this method.. but, have heard too many stories about the DJM beams failing, cracking, bending, and so on.. I also hear many good stories.. but... I have just come to the conclusion I want to try this method.. with this guy.. probably wouldn't be doing it if he weren't involved.. if it doesn't work.. it doesn't work..ill move on to something else.. but, if it does.. I feel good knowing I've got those ford beams under there

20. derbydad276

derbydad276

im not the biggest fan of the headlamps with turnsignals built in but.. they work real good on yours and really clean up the front

as for lowering you can easily cut 1 1/2 coils on the front and flip tha hangers in the rear
    I dropped mine over 3 inches this way