Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from SAUDI ARABIA .

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by CajunJalopy, May 15, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I am a guy trying to push start the hot rod Scene in Saudi Arabia .
    It all started in Louisiana and now trying to keep it going in Saudi, I have a 1950 CHEVY truck, 1967 VW, 1968 M715 and a 1970 GMC 4x4.
    Looking for a 1920s or 30s hot rod project .

If any of you fellow hot rodders need any thing from here I'm glad to help.

2. If any of you fellow hot rodders need any thing from here I'm glad to help.[/QUOTE]

How about $2.00 a gallon gas.

3. Beau

Beau

Bitching about gas prices is like eating Mcdonalds and complaining about being fat.

Welcome. I assume you are in the service.

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

5. cmonsters

cmonsters

welcome from mass

6. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

7. Thank you guys.

This is the welcoming attitude I've seen and i am trying to make the people here understand that the american public is not what they see on tv and in politics.
    I am a saudi and I lived in Louisiana for almost nine years and it was the time of my life, I got married and had a kid there, I have my best friend's there from all ages which I consider as my family, thay stod by me in time of need and I will be grateful for them all my life, so thank you guys again and I hope I can help in any way.

p.s. gas here is $0.45 a gallon for 91 octane and $0.65 a gallon for 95 octane sorry guys can't do nothing about it .

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  8. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Tulsa, OK.

9. Welcome from Finger TN [Yep , real place] . When in college , a long time ago , I became acquainted with a number of persons from the Middle East . When I became an auto mechanic , I had many customers who were engineering students from over there . I saw a mixed bag of personalities in those groups , just like anywhere else - different but normal . Warning - for discussions here there is a vehicle cutoff year here of about 1964 so you only have one vehicle that fits . Are you in Louisiana still , back home or travel back and forth ?

10. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Welcome from harvey da best bank

11. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

WOW I would just go wide open throttle all day long!

Welcome to the HAMB. That's awesome that there's a hot rodder in Saudi Arabia.

12. Thank you guys again ,It is back and forth but not as much as i want to, Lafayette is where I want to be.

As for the gas what is the point of having cheep gas and no hot rods ? And it is no fun driving in 120+ degree weather and no scenery.

It is very difficult to find an old car let alone a hot rod, and don't get me started on parts which are nonexistent for anything older than 25 years.

I have some guys here hooked to hot rods one of which is my cousin and i bought him a hot rod 1949 chevy truck last year from this forum and we cruise on weekends, Driving a hot rod here people look at you like you are a crazy alien ( it's fun ).

13. Beau

Beau

14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

That's awesome.

Welcome from Canada!