Register now to get rid of these ads!

The British scammer at it again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31modelo, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 31modelo

31modelo

The Brit who ran some scams is at it again under a new handle. Please take caution. He tried to sell me some valve covers and sent me pics of for 2 different engines. I on to you greg461.

2. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Funny you should mention this, I have a wanted ad for some fenders and he replied to my email saying he wanted only $400 shipped for them.... To me, that's a deal TOO good to be true, so I did some searching and his profile says he's in the UK. No way, it would cost more then $400 to ship the damn things. I'm on to you too gregb461. Consider yourself reported.

3. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

BTW, I'm still looking for a good set of 28/29 coupe fenders in or very close to CA!

4. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Hum, I thought I saw some fenders on San Antonios craigslist.

5. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

6. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Thanks, it looks like a decent price for the tin, but the shipping/gas wouldn't be worthwhile. I'd like to hold out for something a little closer. I really appreciate you passing it along though.

7. Same guy tried to sell me a T steering wheel from an add on ford barn.
    I just shined him on.

8. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I sent a PM to Kevin Lee (moderator) about him, hopefully we can get him off the board. I'm currently playing with him on email, begging for more photos and telling him I'll send payment ASAP. Screw this guy!

9. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he responded to my wanted ad as well. zero posts from the UK and I never contacted him. Astro gave me a heads up PM too.

good detective work.

10. Buying American car parts from someone in the UK? That's just asking for a butt fkucing in my book, especially if he claims to have EVERY part that you need.

Bob

11. bmbgarage

bmbgarage

Glad I saw this post. He sent me a message replying to a wanted ad, but he sent it to my email and did not use the Hamb to respond back. I did not reply because I thought it was strange that he would not use the Hamb to send a reply to me about an ad. Maybe he is thinking this way one would not look at his profile before responding to him.

12. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Yup, got a message from good ol' greg the other day regarding my want ad for an Edmunds intake for my Buick. This guy must have one hell of a parts warehouse...

13. sic-nic

sic-nic

can't we find someone over there to break all his fingers so he can't type anymore?

14. If he's asking for Western Union payment he's not in the UK. NEVER heard of any UK rodder asking for WU payment. It just isn't done.

15. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Exactly. I've sold cars and parts to fellas in the UK, not once did the mention of WU arise.

This guy actually wants me to send payment before he shows me more photos of the fenders that he doesn't have. The emails between us are getting better. Now that I'm positive it's a scam, I am having my way with him. He sent me photos of a very nice Special Coupe that no one in their right mind would part out. All you other guys should keep messing with him as well. Have some fun, but don't give him critical details, like your real address etc...

2manyseats likes this.
  16. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

I'm a Brit and advertise for Morbecs all over the place in TX. Strangely got an email from someone in South London - where I live - he had a set - dontcha know. Emailed back said sure I'll come and pick them up ....never heard another word. The WU scam is usually based in African countries. They emai from as far away as they can but a country where it just may be possible, and when you really want a part, sometimes common sense takes a back seat. It's parts in the UK for you lot, Stateside for us. Even tried to track down some rare Y block parts advertised here for a friend in TX - never existed.
    Guys, if you're after parts over here, just go to a forum like Rodsnsods - someone local will check it out for you before you part with hard earned.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Send me his username.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.