Register now to get rid of these ads!

Overflow bottle ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Sep 14, 2010.

1. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I use an aluminum Miller Lite bottle.

2. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

the ground.

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Detonator, that looks like a 40mm Bofors casing, I guess I must digress I think it looks good.

Superb! This is what we should strive to create for our cars.

Doc.

4. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I saw a empty bottle of tequila used for one once. Half the fun in that one is getting it empty. :D

5. Well I planned on starting a thread and then found this one so here is my overflow tank that I just installed on my 32. I picked it up on ebay and it is from a vintage mercedes. Modified some stuff and made brackets to hang it off of radiator supports.

Attached Files:

6. Man, I think you guys are over thinking this. Trying to figure out how to make something ugly and non traditional look good, or at least not look like a sore dick.
    I can't show you mine (bottle, not the sore dick) because I made one that fits under the car attached to the frame so that no one has to look at it. Doesn't matter if it's ugly or not because no one can ever see it. It's completely hidden.

7. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Nice, but isn't it a little slim shady to mount your temp sender through the hose when you have that extension pipe right there? Just sayin'.

8. That is the way they did it back in the day. They made a kit for it. I have just finished the complete redo of the car and now running two temp gauges (check out the senders) Also my new overflow bottle.

Attached Files:

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Seeing the green in the bottle makes me think an absinth bottle would be cool.
    -Brad

10. fleetside66

fleetside66

Here's mine, made in 1946 of aluminum.

[​IMG]

11. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Have an O/T S/S one and replacing with a period correct canister. I also have the proper generic GM decal rather than the Chevy one

Attached Files:

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Didn't feel like going through 7 pages, sorry if it's been posted but i have seen a Mountain Dew bottle used, and the coolant is the same colour as Dew... so it's kinda cool.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

lol

14. 32Rules

32Rules

Made this 64 Corvette surge tank into an overflow tank on my 32

Attached Files:

15. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

I just picked up this tank at a swap meet to use for mine.
    gonna mount it to the spreader bar. Its a fuel tank off of an old
    military generator

Attached Files:

16. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Colt 45 Malt Liquor can on Six-Shooter, my T-bucket.

Attached Files:

17. I use a Harley Davidson beer can from 1986.

18. wsdad

wsdad

Hidden Puke Can Idea:

If your frame isn't already boxed, you could box a small section of it and cap off the ends. Thus, making a resivoir inside your frame. It would be nearly invisible - especially if you ran the fill hose and vent hose from the side of the frame that faces the engine.

(Or, you could simply mount some sort of container there and paint it black.)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  19. Don't forget to put a drain plug in it!

20. Once again, surfing the HAMB has been educational! I just learned that I can put this thing anywhere I want. I've been resigned to using the O/T plastic tank that was on the roadster when it was an altered. I can still use that tank, but it doesn't have to be out where everyone can see it. Does it ever have to be mounted so the level in it corresponds to the level in the radiator? Thanks!

21. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Later MG Midgets came with a brass expansion tank that can be polished up. They're easy to find on evil bay:

[​IMG]

22. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

No, it doesn't seem to matter. All I've seen are mounted below upper tank level.

On my '57 Black Widow trib car, I yanked the chrome POS the PO installed for a 2-qt. Stanly thermos I repainted silver (remember GREEN was bad luck on a race car!). A little bigger than i would like, but only paid $7 for it at the local swap meet. Sits in front of the sail panel, secured by a bungee cord hooked to the horn bracket and a red shop towel folded to cushion the bottom. Looks a little funky, but is PERIOD CORRECT. I would post a pic, but haven't seen anything here on how to do it. Any help?

- Tim

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

6-banger Tim

look at the bottom of the post box..you see two boxes to click on..one says post quick reply, other one says go advanced
    click the "go advanced" when you do this a menu of options come up above the typed field..look for the paper clip icon and click on it..another window will appear and you will be able to browse for the location of your picture file..

hope this helps

Randy