Register now to get rid of these ads!

ATTN: San Antonio/Central TX HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D Lux, Apr 29, 2012.

1. lesabre59

lesabre59

2. shadams

shadams

Hmm, sounds promising. 14k would indicate it is in decent shape so I dont know.

3. KWashburn

KWashburn

We'll keep an eye out in the West Texas Desert. Sorry to hear this happened.

4. geemann51

geemann51

5. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Anything new on this?

6. hayguys

hayguys

ya i'd go with this too. hope you find it

7. burl donham

burl donham
    from texas

8. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

Recently heard this merc was recovered congrats D lux

9. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

Recovered!photos to follow....

10. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

Finally a happy ending to a stolen car.Here are some recovery photos.

Attached Files:

11. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet! Glad to hear it's back where it belongs!

12. That must be the snakes house that stole it. Make sure his thieving ass has some slammer time after you kick it!

13. D Lux

D Lux
    from Austin, TX

**FINALLY A GOOD ENDING TO ONE OF THESE STOLEN THREADS**
    I am excited to tell y'all that with help of my CoChino brother Burl seeing an ad on Craigslist and the help of two of the freakin' best brothers ever, Kelly and Rusty, the car has been found! AND it was just down a road about 1 mile away from where it was stolen!!!
    Burl, from Houston, was doing a routine check on Craigslist, saw something, got photos from the guy then sent them our way to Austin. Kelly and Rusty jumped on it, contacting the guy and arranging a meet to check it out. With hesitant SAPD standing by, they went in and got it back. Be on the look out SA HAMBers, if you or a friend had a car stolen, these guys had more in their back yard. I was just concerned with mine. Rusty and Kelly followed the tow truck reuniting me and my 51 Merc shell. Now the project has to be done.
    Thank you again to Kelly (DE79 on the HAMB), Rusty Chrome (Villa) and Big Burl (Burl Donham on the HAMB)! And thank you to all the calls, emails and posts looking out for it until we found it.

14. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Congrats Devin! Maybe I should send Russ & Kelly out to find my coupe that got swiped last year.

15. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

That's great news!

16. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Awesome my brutha!

SN

17. Wowww I am really happy you got it back. Is there anyway we can get an address or persons name. Email ornphone numbers listed here? I live in San Antonio. But travel a lot for work. All my stuff is locked up in my shop, but who's to say some douche bag wont break in to take it. Glad you got your baby Back.

18. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

Forgot their names,I do have the address where the cars are kept and phone #of the punk kid that was trying to sell it.He also has a 1957 chevy 210 listed on the SA craigslist.If no one objects to adding the # and address on here then Ill post it or you can pm me for it.

19. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

Glad Burl got the ball rolling by finding it on craigslist.Good to have people always looking out for this stuff.

20. HAMBers rock!!

21. If not the address the area would be a big help.

22. Tommy R

Tommy R

Holy crap! That's some bad ass news. Congrats for getting a good one back from the bad guys!

23. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

Address is 725 lovera pl # is 210-834-2544.The place is a rental property,they dont live there,but keep the cars there.Im sure the guy that lives there knows whats going on.

24. "...and i would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids."

Congrats on getting it back

25. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

And only reason they didnt get arrested is bc of issues with the title.Cops had no legal ground.So they got off easy this time.

26. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

I thought that craigslist add was fishy. I went to look at the car after talking to the kid on the phone. The little shit said he'd be right over but never showed up. The guy that lived in the appartment there didn't know what I was talking about when I told him what I was doing there. Typical criminals, want to sell you something but can't tell you anything about it. He just said the car belonged to his dad and was on his dad's property. The car had a fence gate lying against the back of it to cover up the rear with a queen mattress on top to cover and make it hard to see the car from the street. The craigslist add was still there yesterday but is gone now.

I'm just glad you recovered your property and equally glad some punk didn't get me wound up with a stolen vehicle. I have title for all of my junk and don't like to buy stuff without one.

27. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

Yep.Thats the place.

28. I just did a search for that phone number on SA craigslist and he has five ads for differen't things on there. Glad you got your Merc back!

29. mendoza727

mendoza727

Searched that telephone number on Craigslist, I will think twice before buying the men's Prada dress shoes listed. Thanks for the heads up and happy for your recovery.

30. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Rusty & Kelly - Heroes! And the other folks involved in getting Devin's car back. Kudos, all around! Proud to know 'em, and proud to call 'em friends.