Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Woody see daylight first time since 1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by x Baldwin Motion, May 12, 2012.

1. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

This Woody is just PERFECT the way it is ! I WANT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. THAT is a freakin' wet dream!! It amazes me what is still out there.

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I ever saw a candidate for restoration...:eek:
    Or mayber just a "clean-up" and put in a museum.

Don't you dare let your buddy trade for a Chevy pickup unless there are additional $$$1,000s$$$ involved.

Still has about 1,000 miles to go before the next oil change...:)

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB, what a great find, thanks for posting the photos. I'm going to check my Powereball nembers, sure would make a perfect tow vehicle for a Vintage Race Car. Hope to finds a great new home with someone that understands its value. Bob

5. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Seller beware......there are many who will try to buy that woody for a song and soon after flip it for big bucks just as it sits.

6. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

From what I can see using online reference photos, I will say yes. The car is low in the grass but I stuck my head under for a peek. It looks very solid and I'd bet the rear is as original as are all other components.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What he said^^^^^. That woody, as it sets is worth big bux, especially in California...do not trade for something of less value unless there is lots of extra money involved. Here's what I'd do: get the woody appraised professionally, and if someone offers you a trade, have that vehicle appraised professionally as well...then decide.

R-

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

You could check with Ralph Lauren, he's on the Island too and ownes this one. Bob [​IMG]

9. That shouldn't be restored or hot rodded, shave and a haircut and leave as is.

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

You would have to be insane to want to trade for a 47 chevy! That thing is so damn cool, all he needs is a lot of elbow grease and a pile of sandpaper.

11. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

46 not 47. Please don't question my sanity, I've been throwing money at old cars my entire life and only trust people who do the same.

12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I recently traded an unrestored original 1946 Pontiac woody for a lot of cash and a restored 60 Thunderbird. The real value in that car is the fact that it doesn't appear to have been in a wreck or that any of the wood has been replaced. Quite frankly, I'd start out at $40,000. There is a chapter of the national woody club in Castle NY. The contact is Ted Holz. PM me for his phone number and email.

13. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

I have not seen Ralph or that car at any local shows. When I google Ralph Lauren's Woody, well ...

14. Damn, seeing your name Baldwin Motion, has brought back a lot of old memories for me.
    I grew up in Rosedale,Queens and remember that ole' shop on Sunrise Hwy like it was yesterday.
    Good times, man.

15. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

that ole' shop on Sunrise Hwy 1974
    [​IMG]

16. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

Does anyone know an appraiser in the Long Island area? I do appreciate the comments and guesstimates and will entertain serious offers for a quick sale.

Thanks

17. cakes

cakes

Why can't I find something like this?

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

19. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Place an ad in the Woodie Tilmes and it will be gone. Woodies USA in CA will give you an idea of its value. I sold one like that in good times for $40K. I drive a 47 Woodie that has a value of $135k which is less than it cost to restore it. Woodies are still a valuable car especially if in good condition. If you have no interest in keeping it you will not have a hard time selling it.
    Lynn

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'm defiantly no expert but something that complete and original in that condition is hard to come by these days. A great foundation to restore if you wanted however a mechanical freshen up could see it back on the road in no time.

21. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

22. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

this is so funny but true. sadly I've seen this on other sites, even going as far as posts getting deleted and cars mysteriously vanishing, members being banned, (Jimmy Hoffa syndrome) not sure who the players are here but a few insult/low balls and a half dozen offers in excess $25,000.00 fast cash tell me this car struck a nerve. it's all good, I'd take it for nothing if I could also :D

there may be someone to look at this weekend, hopefully the weather will hold up. :)

still looking to trade for or purchase outright a complete and running 46 (and now earlier back to 39) Chevy pick up. thanks for any leads

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  23. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

50 more pictures
    http://www.facebook.com/47FordWoody

price reduced to $31,500.00

clean title . only one owner/driver

still looking for early post war Chevy pick up.

thanks for any leads.

[​IMG]

24. wudchuk

wudchuk

Awesome! If only ........

25. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

sold and on its way to a new home. thank you everyone for all the valuable info and education on the Woodie!!

good luck to the new owner!!

Chris