Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Great story. Now let's see what your choices are for the next one.

2. Loppy

Loppy

Still working on the Twini-bike, and can't wait to finish it. You can see more pics here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/11727936@N02/sets/72157624591415240/.

You can also see and read the full build at Oldminibikes.com at this link, http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/33356-twin-engine-driveline.html

Here's a tease...

[​IMG]

3. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Heres my latest . Its all custom frame and fork. and dual drive wheels. 3.5hp briggs .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

the little briggs isnt the most powerfull thing. iv got to mess with it a little more to hopefully wake it up . then we'll try some mountains :)

5. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I bought this Super Bronc by Heald and a Troy Built Horse for $80.00 a yr ago. I had the frame powder coated red and the wheels white and put new tires on it. That's as far as I've gone with it. It is a highly optioned mini. I bought it from the original owner who is now in a nursing home.

Attached Files:

6. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

I've been watching this thread for a while now and started to build my own mini bike. I bought a 5hp briggs (horizontal shaft) for it but when I picked it up I found it has a gear reduction unit on it. I am changing it to a regular out put shaft but found I also need a side cover for it so a seal can be installed. Its a 130000 model (fairly common) if anyone has that part for sale please P.M. me Thanks, Normal Norman

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Loppy, are you in touch with Ole at all? I'm curious to see how my old mini is doing in it's new home land!

8. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

from what i gather you can remove the gear reduction seal and put a normal seal in your sidecover. you might try looking into that first. Also when buying a sidecover its a good idea to get one with the 4 bolt pattern on it incase you decide to install a torque converter at some point

9. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

I just picked up another one myself yesterday....

[​IMG]

I added the ridiculous ape hangers after I got it home..... just for laughs, but I actually think I'll keep it this way.

10. Loppy

Loppy

Love it! You need help man ; )

11. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

From the pic it looks like one of the later Lil Indian choppers. There were 3 different Lil Indian choppers, Not sure when your style came out, but they were still available as kits up until several years ago, and if the look up Allied Leisure (owned by one of the original Lil Indian founders) you may still be able to get the fork decal for it.

12. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

13. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

Yeah, it's the later one. Guy I bought it from ordered the kit and built it back around 2000 or so. Nice thing is he was pretty meticulous about saving everything that went with it. He gave me all the paperwork and receipts for it which is pretty neat! I actually have the forkplate decal, but figured I wouldn't put it on until after I fix the other guys crappy spray bomb job with a slightly less crappy spray bomb job.... :D

14. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

Yeah.... Maybe I do a little..... ;)

BTW, I'm still hopin Twini gets done before the Lakeland drags this fall.....

15. von zipper

von zipper

What kind is this? I had one when I was 13!

Attached Files:

16. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

This is a mini bike I put together for my daughter. The frame is a 70's Alexander Reynolds that I picked out of somebodys trash years ago. She put alot of miles on this thing when she was young. In a few years my grandson will be putting miles on it too.

Attached Files:

17. This is the bike I learned how to ride on at 7 yrs old. I found the same one in New Orleans and i'm getting ready to restore her for my son to learn on.

MR50 Honda, I think its a 74?
    [​IMG]

18. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

That's an Arctic Cat.

19. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

Looking for info on this. I'm 99% sure it's a Lil Indian Sabre. What I'm not sure of, is the year. Does anyone know how to decode the frame #'s?

Attached Files:

20. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Anybody got a good old one for sale? Frame..my 12 year old is driving me nuts...
    I needs to be in the south or ship.. Pm me..

21. Here's a 1971 Schwinn Sting Ray Midget, original unrestored, I'm just going to clean it.

Attached Files:

22. IMBROKEN

IMBROKEN
    from Roseau, MN

Here is my Arctic Cat Screamer that I am finishing up. New paint and a whole bunch of re-chrome. Has the factory Westbend/Chrysler go kart engine in it. 8HP at 800RPM should make it fly!

Attached Files:

23. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Cool bike, but what does it have to do with vintage mini-bikes?

24. krooser

krooser

Just a reminder and shameless plug... Rumblefest in Amherst, WI will have mini-bike drags at the show on Saturday...

Now back to your regular mini programming....

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, with the sale of my beloved gold bike a month or so ago at Lone Star Round Up, I have been kinda forced to think about what to do next. So, what I figured was to cut the Honda 50 engine out of my Bird Lark frame (Go back to page 59 post number 1174 to see this mess) and clean it up! I don't have any pictures yet (I just sent the frame for sandblasting yesterday) but when stuff comes back next week I will shoot some. I'm gonna paint this one metal flake purple with a white Briggs 3hp and white seat and grips. I do have to find some cool aluminum wheels for it though. The only new ones I'm aware of in 5" right now are those three spoke Azusa's, and they just don't make it for me...

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey! One more thought, and I will update this as we go forward through the summer, but how about an Arizona Mini Bike Day? My buddy and fellow mini-bike-o-phile Ron Olmstead asked me today what I think of this idea to be held at his house on a Saturday in late September. He lives in a cool little version of a carraige house with several garages downstairs and tons of driveway space that just happens to be on a wide not so busy street right across from a huge park. Couldn't be better! For the truly adventureous in this deal, we could meet at my house about 4 miles away and RIDE to the deal if anybody has the nuts to do so! What say you guys? Sound like fun? I think it does! I'll keep everybody informed over the summer as to when... We'll try to shoot for just after you melt going outside weather!!!

27. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

This bike have 40years ?! I have 30 and I think this bike is in better shape then I am...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

28. von zipper

von zipper

No, I found out its a 1970 Manco. The fever got to me! I picked up a 1970 Heathkit hard tail (no rear shocks) today to toss into the bed of my 63 Ranchero for shows! It has a 4hp, already looking for 6.5!

29. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I just got this and figgured I'd take a stab at rebuilding it. It looks as though it must have been some kind of mountain crawler bike . I'm guessing there was a storage box or something on the back, and there are mounts for a jackshaft so I figgure it was pretty low geared. Anyone have any info? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks, Chuck K

Attached Files:

30. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I think we have them all stumped on this one Chuck?