Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 Business Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevtrev, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Patrick46

Patrick46

WOW...does this ever sit nice!!!

Phoenominal work man!!! Keep it up!! :cool:

btw....gonna keep the saphire blue w/ silver top?? I think it looks awesome!!

2. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks Patrick! I have not decided on a color scheme for the car yet. Have a few ideas but nothing has really stood out yet as the winner. The silver/blue two tone does look pretty damn good tho doesnt it.

3. Great flow to the chop man, Looks Bitchin'!!! I think the silver and blue would look awesome aswell....

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Man that looks great!!!!

5. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Wow great build, thanks for taking the time to document everything

6. Lucky444

Lucky444

Really nice Coupe chop!

These short rooflines can to go to hell easily when chopped, but your's is flowing very nicely. I usually don't care for slanted B-pillars either, but the subtle approach you took looks great. In fact i like the subtle route you took with the entire chop (2.75"/3").

Respect!

7. clinthull

clinthull

Came out nice!

8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks swede, I try to document as much as I can. Taking pictures of everything I do can sometimes be annoying and if I get in a rythm, I would rather just keep working than stopping all the time.

Much appreciated Lucky! Don't they always say, less is more? As much as I wanted a radical chop, it won't work on my car. I wanted this to be a classy chop and flow with the rest of the car.

Thanks a lot Clint. I love your car by the way! Yours has always been a bit of inspiration being a coupe as well.

10. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

love it! keep up the good work.

11. sololobo

sololobo

Nailed it, what a perfect profile. Love the business coupe body. Keep up the excellent build. Great! ~sololobo~

12. onetruth1130

onetruth1130

Heey i follow u on instigram. Awesome car man!!

13. Tin Can

Tin Can

Car is looking great! Very nice attention to detail.

14. Lucky444

Lucky444

Much appreciated Lucky! Don't they always say, less is more? As much as I wanted a radical chop, it won't work on my car. I wanted this to be a classy chop and flow with the rest of the car.

Definitely classy, less is everything in this case. I'm glad to see that you didn't give it the "squashed" look. :D

15. 55glyde

55glyde
    from mile high

Perfect... LOVE the lean on the B-pillar. It would be bitchin to see the head light brow with a similar angle. ---Subscribed---[​IMG]

16. The_Monster

The_Monster

not sure how I missed this one! Looking good! excellent work!

17. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

i love 53 coupes!!!

18. RATCAD

RATCAD

i luv it....., that chop is perfect, looks amazing, im jealous!!!

19. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

Nice chop. Just enough to improve the look of the car without going too far and ruining it. You have a good eye.

20. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Killer build thread, good info on the chop. I'll be doing my 54 with a 51 chevy back glass....subscribed

21. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thank you everyone for the kind words! This is my first chop and first kustom build and am learning as I go. Schaefer on here has been my right hand man as he has done a few chops and has been helping me out a lot.

22. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

Real nice job on the chop!

23. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

bitchin car, sweet fab work and i love the 6 in it. keep it up brotha

24. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

Would love to see this one in person, picking a 53 2 door up myself this weekend!

25. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

shoot me a PM johnny, more than happy for you to come by and have a look if you want to.

26. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Feels like forever since i posted up progress on the car. Last weekend was a busy one for me being the long weekend and my birthday. I have the best old lady in the world! She got me a set of 57 Cadillac wheel covers and an exhaust kit for my car, what a babe!

Anyways, back to the car. Going into the part of the car which I have never done before, using an english wheel... Sheetmetal is not my specialty as I work as a pressure aluminum welder during the day. Schaefer and I had a little trouble with the first piece we made but we ended up getting a panel that worked on the second time round. It is by no means perfect and as big of a perfectionist I am, reality has to take over at times. This being my first build, there will be things that are not exactly as I picture them in my head.

We attempted to make the whole thing in one piece but wasnt able to get the curve right, so decided it was better to cut it where we did and build it in two sections.

[​IMG]

Second panel fitted and happy with how the shape is starting to look. I was careful as a lot of sail panels on chops end up looking very flat from certain angles.

[​IMG]

We had to make two relief cuts into the lower panel as the shape wasn't quite right and we had to shrink it a bit.

[​IMG]

Panels fitted and looking good. Had to make a small filler piece to blend the lower corner of the window frame at the belt line. Should work out once all welded and finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This maybe a trend i will be doing a lot over the next year. Pull the car outside and take a step back and admire the afternoons work. Very excited on how the car looks with the sail panel fitted and my new wheel covers on. Hope you think the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rytang likes this.
  27. Tin Can

Tin Can

Great flow on the chop. Wonderful fab work on it too!

28. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks man, means a lot coming from a builder like yourself! I'm learning as I build.

29. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

nice man looks bitchin!!!!!

30. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

Looks fantastic bro