Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whats 32 3 Window Coupster worth????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iamben, May 2, 2012.

1. He has not posted a lot of pictures. I would not make a purchase without a lot more pictures.

2. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

This is a common lesson learned,........ If you snooze! you lose!....The min that 10K rolled off his tongue, I would have given him a deposit, and had him locked into a deal, But that is just me. I learned a long time ago that when a super good deal is in front of you jump on it!, As if you don't Someone else will. Like many others I will prolly bid on it since it is now on the open market, But it will most likely bring more than I am going to bid. I can't help but feel bad for you if you wanted this car, As I have been in your shoes on a deal just like this, And I still kick myself for not jumping when I had the chance.

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

IIRC, the Brookville side stampings are about 3k ea. Brookville has the rear center section available for a cool $1700. Then you need a header panel.

It would have been a deal at 10k. Hell, if you had 5k into a roof and door tops, the car would be well into the 20's. The value of the car would keep up with the work/$ put into it, cause it's a 32 3/w.

Attached Files:

4. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

I guess I wasn't really sure what the car was worth when I heard about it and with my Model A project I'm a little strapped for cash. Live and learn I guess. Hopefully it ends up in another Hambers garage. If anybody needs me to look at it again for them let me know. They main leaf in the front has been heated to lower it and longer shackles in the rear. It still has the mechanical brakes. It looks pretty complete other than the obvious stuff -hood sides, fenders, motor and roof. The frame is tweaked pretty good above the rear axle where it has hit pretty hard a few times. There's some rust in the passenger rear quarter and the decklid and gas tank have a few battle scars.

5. tinmann

tinmann

Sometimes a guys just gotta jump in. He who hesitates is lost.

That was worth $10K all day long.

6. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

In this day & age you should have grabbed it. Bought the side pieces from Brookville to fix it & sold the lower halfs!

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

So... where is it? Anyone know? 10K was a good price. How much are cabriolets going for? Gary

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I actually know where I roof might be. It's been chopped but I won't know for sure if it can be had until early June. I'll ask about it and let you know.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

To put it back as a coupe is obvious.
    Monogram models made a 3-window coupe out of their '32 roadster tool, remember the "Beach Boys' Li'l Deuce Coupe"? Modelers hated it, but bought them for hood panels and accessories.

Three windows are Murrays, 5 windows are Fords. Recall the similarity between (Ford) roadster and 5 window quarters... This will never be a Cabriolet.

"Murrays are Murrays, and Fords are Fords, and ne'er the twain shall meet" -Edsel Ford

10. It does say in the ad that it is advertised locally...could it still be bought?

11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

NO! I called about it, and the guy responded saying he is keeping track of the local offerings. No set price. I feel whoever wins the ebay auction, the owner is going to say." Well so and so,locally is offering 2k more than the auction, can you match that?" IF local people are throwing bids at him, thats not fair to the ebay crowd. You can see he is new to ebay.The auction bull shit is going to go on even after ebay I believe. When I point blank asked a question what the local price was, I never got a straight answer, so fuck em. I'm not playing their games.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  12. iamben

iamben

I think big duece is right about the auction not ending after the Ebay auction is over. The guy told us one price and wouldn't honor that so I have a feeling this thing will be a pain in the ass to whomever tries to buy it. In the guys own words "I will just put it on Ebay and get as much as I can out of it".

13. newjersm3

newjersm3

cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  14. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

I hate guys like that,wanna jerk you around on the price. The dumbass doesn't even know the difference between a Model A and a Deuce! What a turd! N.N.

15. lurch13

lurch13

i would bid like 30k on it then tell him to kiss my grits..........

16. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

I'm going to bid $31K just so I can say it to him personally! What's 1 bad feedback on eBay? Can you even leave negative feedback anymore?!?

17. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Right now I would wrather buy a glass car from a "good" friend, wrather than buy into someones greed with this one. Got to admit there is a shit load of work to get this car to the 27-30k status. Finding Henry top parts are like hens teeth, and will be in to brookville over 15k in metal and wood kit. If the frame is kicked around in the back over the axle as stated, it would be a nightmare with out a fixture. Starting to look like a one legged prostitute. Its too bad, without all the vague advertising, I was going after it. Now I have lost all steam. Looks like a really expensive floor, part door/part quarter, bent frame project. I agree with the #1 post on this thread, too much money.

18. 1949*john

1949*john

just put a dollas sign in front of your s . s . number .

19. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

makes a BIG difference where to put the decimal

20. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

The guy has zero feedback on ebay...I don't think you need to worry about a negative feedback from him... I'd more worry that the guy is actually going to send you the car after you pay him for it.

Why can't people who want to sell something, just sell the damn thing!? Why is there a need to play all the bloody games?

21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

When it comes down to the wire, we'll see if those "15k all day long" guys come out of the woodwork.

22. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I talked to my banker today and I am going to bid on this for sure, I am not going to give out my magic number until the auction is over, And like every other smart bidder I will wait until the last few seconds to place my bid. the only ones bidding now are dreamers just running the price up, As no serious bidders wil bid until the end. As far as 15K goes, I won't go that high On it simply because I can buy a better 3 window project right now, For 25K....I understand that is 10K more but it has alot more parts and has a roof, And is in overall better condition. Not saying this car is not worth 15K, but for me I won't pay that. We will all see how it plays out in less than 2 more days

23. I need that too.. WAITING

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  24. newjersm3

newjersm3

The only reason this guy is playing games is probably because he received about a hundred phone calls from guys who do not have the resources to buy the car. could be a real cool car.

25. If there are no serious bids from HAMBers.........why not all of us start jacking the price right up on ebay just to screw with this guy a little and make him think he found the end of the rainbow :)........just sayin!

26. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'm sure there are tops available from Brookville, won't be cheap, but it will go to someone with an imagination. How hard would it be to round off the A pillars and smooth the cowl for a Duvall or other style windscreen. If done well it would still be a total waste of a very viable 3-window project. It's been on my watch list, thinking about this one.

27. I bought my avatar over 9 years ago out of Street Scene - it was a 5-window someone had cut the roof off of but just chopped the windshield posts and made a lift off f-glass top, I guess trying to emulate a cabriolet. It was a roller with all kinds of original 32 parts.

Although not quite the same as your deal I'm happy with the way it turned out. To me, $15-18K isn't too bad a price - I could never afford one otherwise.

28. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Coupes are supposed to coupes. There I said it again! But I'm not looking to debate that, it's just an opinion.

29. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

It's now up to $10,300 and climbing with only 10 hours left. With the amount of work it would take to make it a coupe again, that's fast approaching what I feel the car is worth since I think as a roadster it's butt ugly...but that's just my opinion!:D

30. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

if your car looks anything like your avatar ............ KEEP IT !