Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Chevy coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by logride, May 12, 2012.

1. logride

logride
    from CB IA

I bought a pile of parts and a title to a coupe a few years ago with the idea that it was cheap and must be worth what the guy was asking. I could stash it and someday build a cool hotrod. a few years went by and I wanted the room back so I priced it to a few guys for what I had in it. but noone bit.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. cakes

cakes

Ok, what's your point? Are you going to build it now?

3. logride

logride
    from CB IA

This was the rainy day bringing the main part of the body home. the wood was in tough shape so it was flaping in the wind.

.[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. logride

logride
    from CB IA

[​IMG]I spent a month in the garage with the parts now I have a outline to work on. my goal was just to be able to open and close the doors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    volvobrynk likes this.

5. cakes

cakes

Is this a build thread?

6. logride

logride
    from CB IA

A friend of mine had this 34 chevy inst cluster (I think) in his shop and keeps egging me on to work on the 32. he gave it to me to keep me motivated.

I cut the hole for the new gauges and cut down the center of the vertical bead on the dash and welded it back up. I was planing on leaving the hole to the left for the key but it looks like it's in the wrong place.

One problem is the handle for the cowl vent hits the back of the speedo. so a little work is needed there.

I like the look of it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Most of the early chevys I have built, or in the process of building have started with a pile of parts. You can do it.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Go for it, the 32 Chevy is a fine looking car.:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Logride your pics are not posting.

10. RayMiller

RayMiller

What do you want for it if your not going to build it? And if not where are you located at because I'll build it if you lose interest in it. If you don't lose interest in it then this is a build thread or the start of one. Early Chevys are awesome(except for the wood) I have a 28 coupe.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. RayMiller

RayMiller

Also your pics aren't showing still

12. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

sounds like a sympathy thread .............

13. I would rather deal with Chevrolet's wood framing than drive an all steel Ford 32

14. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Here is a picture of the dropped axel.

My son says he can see the pictures, can any one else?

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I see them. Looks pretty dam good.

16. I can see 'em. Looks good man! Chevy's are the new Ford, Ha!

17. Black Primer

Black Primer

Yeah man, Looks like you're doing great.

18. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Here is a picture of the 34 chevy inst cluster. It all should work, the temp bulb is still intact. I am working on attaching a column shift from a 50 chevy 3 spd to my 32 column to shift the 700r. looks like it should work good. But I am a little concerned about no reverse lockout.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. 32 Chevys are great looking cars. I hope you build it. Good luck! I have a 33 Chevy Cabriolet that I'm working on.

20. logride

logride
    from CB IA

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title -->The project came with 6 doors, 2 were nice no rust and solid wood, so a few years ago when I got it home I tried fitting it all together, but the doors didn't fit. more work than I had time for so the parts got stacked up in the basement.

What I found out last month while once again trying to make it fit was the doors were a half inch too tall in the back the front was the right height. so I cut the tops of the sheet metal off, took the wood apart removed the 1/2". gorilla glued it back together and tacked the new tops on.

I'll finish welding it some time.

The doors must have been from a sedan I'm guessing. but they fit great now. I was wondering why I had so many doors. especially such good ones since my car was another mans parts car.

[​IMG]

21. logride

logride
    from CB IA

I think the 33 is a sharper car. Looks great!

22. Bud Reynolds

Bud Reynolds

The `32 Chevy Coupe is a great candidate for a street rod. It has a strong frame and good looks. They have a lot of wood in them which is not a plus. I had more fun with this car than anything I have ever owned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Today my son and I worked on the `37 Chevy. It sat too long and the gas went bad. I had the carb rebuilt, drained all of the gas out and replenished with aviation fuel. It is good to go now.

bct and volvobrynk like this.
  23. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Your 37 has the wheel tire combo I was thinking of, it looks great. Did you put the small block in the 32?

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. logride

logride
    from CB IA

[​IMG]

[/IMG]The wood around the roof opening was the worst. I replaced it with pisces that I made. the body is very sturdy now. I found a thread on how to install the top vinyl here on the hamb. Someday maybe.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Here is a picture of the rear. I replaced the bad wood and the body is solid. the panel below the trunk lid and 1/4s are rust and dent free! the rear of the car sticks out a ways which protected them.
    The fenders weren't so lucky, they are pretty beat up. Any one have some good ones?

I know some of my friends say there is no such of a thing as good fenders on a coupe

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2012
    volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Ghost28

Ghost28

That's a pretty solid looking car. I like running the fenders. The 32 fenders are unique to that year, so I would try to hammer them out best as possible. Good luck on your build.

27. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Would you mind taking some measurements for me? I have a 32 myself and it's trashed. I bought just the shell from a guy who used it as a dirt track car in west Texas. Needless to say all the wood is gone and over all it's a loose pile of sheet metal if you could give me some reference numbers that would be great!

28. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Looks great, I like seeing guys go for the old Chevy builds! There a pain in the ass but worth it because you just dont see enough around! I wish I never sold my all original perfect 32 when I moved out here from back east:( Good luck w it

[​IMG]

Sorry, not sure what happen with photobucket but that was suppossed to b a full size pic.

29. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Hey I can take the measurements next week. What do you need?
    I know your pain. At least I had some good wood to use a a pattern.

I also found the wood and regulator for the roll up rear window.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. logride

logride
    from CB IA

[​IMG]I have been busy at work and rebuilding the fuel pump on the amx. Yea I thought you could buy one off the shelf too, but not if your car has vacuum wipers.

I got 4 wheels from a 48 or so chevy. I like the way they look. also some 8'' wide mid 70s Blazer wheels. The plan was to put the blazer shells on the 48 centers. after a little time cutting, grinding and knocking rivets out it was time for a test fit.
    In the past I have done this with vw rims and thought all the center sizes were the same. what I found out was the blazer were over 13" and the old chevy's were 12and5/8" like everything else I have looked at.
    Well speedway sells shells that would fit that might be the easiest.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
    volvobrynk likes this.