Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Hey ya big Peckerhead, the coupe is lookin really bitchin man!!! That intake looks really good, I especially like the Ansen fuel filter, never seen one before. Gonna make that Olds rip! Saw your pops down at Turlock, we did some horse trading for a gauge panel that I liked of his for a water temp gauge that I have, and he gave a really killer deal to my good buddy for the NOS 17" Bell wheel. He's building a '31 coupe that is going to be chopped 7" with a 32 front header panel and leaned A pillers, Cad 331 with 4x2, halibrand v8 rear, 18" wires with indy tires, crescent needle SW's, ect. That is one thing he was really wanting to find for his car, and your dad came through for him. It's his first hot rod build, but he's EXTREMLY talented at metal fab (he's my age- 24), so its gonna be a cool car. He was blown away that your dad was so cool to help him out like that and that he was passing it on to him. Good shit man, keep up the good work pal! Oh yea, Dad says hello. We just got the Sedan back on the road again so him and Mom can go to the 80th of the Deuce in March in it, so he's stoked. Talk to you soon pal!

2. That sounds like a great project. Lots of cool parts going into that hotrod. I have been making good progress on my floors. Should be ready to work the doors very soon. I will post pictures again when I get someting worthwhile to show. I'm glad you got a chance to visit with my dad. He always has some good stuff to sell. Talk to you soon ya lil' peckerhead. Have your buddy post a build thread of his coupe as he is doing it.

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Me Likey!! HOT!

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

5. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Lookin great!!!! I just started building my 5 window I just hope it turns out half as nice

6. Little Terry

Little Terry

7. A little update: I have been getting back to work on my coupe project. Over the last three months I have got very little done as my my father was ill and his passing kinda drained my enthusiam for working on cars. My dad gave me the desire for this old stuff and it really hit me hard when he passed. I doubt he would have wanted me to stew in my own juices too long so I decided to hit it again. Here is the result of the last 2 weeks work.
    Motor and tranny mounts are fabbed and in. Floors are in. Starting to strip primer off for the chop at the end of the month. Quarter panel was an old repair from the past that was done half assed and I had to cut it out. Got new patch panels from Donny Smart to go in. I have cut out the old chit and have one patch mocked up in the hole at this point. I am not done with the firewall yet. It looks like I cut a lot of it out but if you want to pull a head off with out pulling the motor you need all of that room. I have some cool ideas on how to fill the area . I am happy with the stance of the car. It should look really good after a 5 1/2 haircut.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
    fegsta, ls1yj and mgtstumpy like this.
  8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Lookin good Dale, glad to see you back at it. Sorry to hear about your pop, that bites...

fegsta likes this.
  9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great work! Your project is coming along well.

10. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Lookin Killer Dale!

Sorry about your dad and glad to see your back at it man!!!

11. Flex Fan what the *&^% !!!!!! LOL , ha ha looks great buddy ! I may have to put a Flex Fan on the 35...It's not happy in traffic, and the temp starts going up... dam old Chevy four blade fans. The fuel lines look killer !

12. Rob, Yes I'm using that flex fan. Stock chromed fan that I have is way too big for the 34 radiator and comes too close to the side panels when mocked up. This blade will work great here in the Az heat. I want this thing to cool. I will detail it out nicely you can be rest assured of that. Thanks guys. Once the chop is done I should be well on my way.

13. gup

gup
    from Washington

Lookin bad ass Dale!!

14. bonesy

bonesy

Sorry to hear about your father, hot rodding is good therapy.

15. Hey Gup! Thanks pal. Hoping to see you at B-ville. Is that possible for you and your bro? would be great to catch up with you fellas.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Sorry to hear about your dad. Good to see progress -- keep it up!

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Looking awesome Dale....very sorry about your father

Jeff

18. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Sorry about your Dad Dale. Good call on getting back at it. You know that's what he'd want you to do.

19. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Are you concerned about salt getting in the frame?

20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Looking great Dale...and yes, Terry would want you to work on your car, no doubt about it.

21. Yes I am concerned about the salt getting into the holes in the frame. I was just thinking about that the other day. I guess I'll have to put duct tape over them when I go out there.I am also going to drill some drain holes in the bottom of the frame for rinse out.
    Jack, How's the TS roadster coming along? Getting closer to having it back in the game? You can call me anytime to give me updates.
    Kris, I'll see you at Bonneville my friend!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  22. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I think it looks tuff the way it is, can't wait to see it done!

23. M.Edell

M.Edell

The Car is looking Awesome!!

24. 18n57

18n57

The car looks terrific; keep up the good work!!

25. Worked on fitting and tacking the drivers side quarter panel in today. Let's just say I have a new found respect for panel beaters that know how to put in patch panels into an old body and have them look good. I have a ways to go on it but the wife says I was making too much noise on her day off so I quit for the day. Gotta honor the boss. Photo's tomorrow after I get farther along while the queen is at work. Full speed ahead!

26. Finished the drivers side 1/4 panel patch for the most part. It's a little wavy but nothing a little bodywork won't remedy. I don't have the patience or skill of some to completely metal finish to perfection, even though I have visions of once in my life having a patch panel come out really nice. The panel from Don Smart worked out pretty good. Overall a pretty nice piece. Had to tweak the rear body line in the wheelwell area some to fit up closer. Here it is roughed out and ready for bodywork after I get the chop done. I am also posting a pic of the pass. side to show the amateur work from a long time ago(not me). it's kinda weird what someone did. I think they got pissed off at their poor attempt. That's the only thing I can figure.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it looks good! that passenger side patch is bizarre.

28. I think it looks great! I can weld in panels and such, but I am not the best. I would be happy with those results.

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Lookin' good Dale!

30. Thanks Chip. You coming down for the swapmeet on Sat?