Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for electrical plugs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, May 12, 2012.

1. 5window

5window

I'm looking for a source/vender for some flat electrical pugs. Putting the radio overhead in my A and I need to connect 2 18ga power and 1 18 Ga ground wires as well as 8 20 GA speaker wires. The radio goes in after the headliner so i need to have pre-installed wiring that can just plug together on installation.

What I am looking for are flat 4 or 6 pin connectors -male-female that will handle at least the speaker wires, hopefully the amperage of the radio.

I have already checked local auto parts houses and Radioshack. Thanks.

2. I would be tempted to salvage something from an existing electrical system. An old junkyard radio plug is flat and should work perfect if you have both halves. You'll have to solder or crimp the spliced connections, but it'll work. I'd keep looking at auto parts stores and maybe a trailer supply store.

Bob

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. badshifter

badshifter

Use a flat trailer plug. Cheap, available and reliable. Just about every parts store sells them.

4. Yaou can use RC connectors used for batteries and servos. Larger hobby shops should have them.

5. Look at "terminal supply"
    I find their product line invaluable. They can also get you anything you want or need if you can tell them some info about the connectors you are after. Such as " connector C1 for a 92 oldsmobile"
    Packard, Delphi, Bosch, and some others.

6. chevy3755

chevy3755

try waytekwire.com

7. Trim down a GM turn signal switch connector.

8. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

mcmaster.com. Open an account. No min. orders.

pin and socket connectors. These are NOT weather proof. They are white plastic housings in many configs. Go with the larger of the 2 choices (.093 I think) The smaller ones are tiny. Buy the release tool that goes with them in case you get a wire in the wrong hole and want to swap it. These are great for automotive stuff. Friendly and connect/disconnect well. They use the Delco style crimp where they roll together. One crimp on the strands and one on the insulation. You may be investing in tools but you will be glad you did when you use them all the time in the future.

Even though they are not weatherproof I use them on outside connections with a little dielectric and have zero failures so far.

9. 59 brook

59 brook

weatherpack connectors sold at napa and pep boys

10. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

This you might have to order the 6 terminal but they usually stock though 4 terminal.

Here's some pictures; http://www.whiteproducts.com/connectors.shtml

11. hkestes

hkestes

Try Mouser www.mouser.com They carry just about any connector you could want. and they sell based on no minimums and ship the same day.

12. 5window

5window

13. Awesome supplier!