Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap meet this weekend MANSFIELD, MA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOHNPO, May 8, 2012.

1. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Saturday is busier for sure, and that's when I sell most of my treasures.
    A lot of people selling don't even come back on Sunday, especially with it being Mothers Day.

2. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

ive never heard of a swap thats poop friendly---;)
    didnt see you
    glad i planned on going sat---:cool:

i cant wait!

3. speedo1

speedo1

64-65 Ford Falcon parts: sheet metal, trim, bumper, glass, etc. Basically stripped a car. Good stuff!

4. neverwinter

neverwinter

are any of you who are going as vendors bringing any t5 stuff or s10 rear axles? i need a 4x4 rear axle and a t5 from an 82-88 s10. let me know and ill bring cash and lighten the load. thanks!

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I couldn't believe the line of traffic backed up to get in tonight. It looks like it's going to be a great weekend, and a lot more of vendors were out to set up early this year.

I've got a load of '37 Ford P/U stuff and a ton of other treasures!!
    See you all tomorrow...come on by M6/7.

6. JOHNPO

JOHNPO

Sounds like it's going to be a good day nice....

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

$10 bucks for a sunburn.

I feel like this deuche bag...
    [​IMG]

Hopefully some of you made out like bandits. I had a list and stuck to it or else I would have ended up with a '32 chassis and alot of fancy flathead stuff!

8. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

lol -- i couldnt have summed it up better-----im burnt---i thought it was a great turnout---i found lots of deals---this will be a yearly expedition from now on---

9. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yep...awesome day today!!
    Sold a ton of stuff and had a great time with everyone that stopped by.

I'll be there in the morning again tomorrow offering up a few more treasures. :D

...maybe I can even get around and buy something tomorrow!

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i avoided the place like the plague and actually made progress on the hot rod. got the wishbone mount/ driveshaft hoop made. moose welded it up for me, and i have it clamped in for final install monday. never been so happy to miss the great woods swap.

11. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

...but you missed the rest of those parts you need!

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

hmm. i think i missed selling all the stuff i don't need. but there will be time for that.

13. F&J

F&J

Slick Willy mentioned a 32 chassis... I wonder if that is the original one that was at the Fitchburg swap? My friend wants to buy it, but he's in Virginia for this week.

If anyone sees it, or if it's even still for sale, can you grab a phone number? Thanks

14. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

It was an original chassis, uncut kmember, 40(?) Banjo rear , column and box, steering wheel , roller...it was really solid with just a little patching and fixing.going on in the kickup over the rear axle, it was still available at noon saturday, sorry thats all I got!

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

sounds like the same one that was in Fitchburg.

16. arkracing

arkracing

I was there. Nice show as usual, lots of good stuff. Gave some of my $ to Keith - Thanks for the fenders and runningboards. I got the HAMB discount and didn't even tell him I was a HAMBer. Thanks again!

17. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

...and I thank you very much, I hope you're happy with the deal!! :cool:

Great weekend meeting up with friends, and sold a ton of my treasures.
    Saturday was packed...today was dead...another Tweeter Center Swap shot to hell for another year!!! :D

18. T-Faust

T-Faust

I got a lot of interesting stuff, mostly up in the cheap seats. There was a mahogany Aristo Kraft speed boat that I was barely able to resist. I think I am regretting it now.

19. coupemerc

coupemerc

I picked up an oil pan, a timing chain cover and a Lakewood block plate all for $25. Now I can finish up my 283. Saw lots of Guide type headlights for sale...real reasonable.

20. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

That boat was awesome..pretty solid too - my favorite was the "East Side Marios" truck

Attached Files:

21. adam401

adam401

Usual fleamarket crap mixed with some pretty good stuff. I picked up a 34 cowl with all the latches and stuff that I need on it CHEAP, a 35 ford truck firewall, a pair of real nice '40 Ford rims, a set of 4 '40 lincoln rims, blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah and a crazy sunburn

22. T-Faust

T-Faust

One of the reasons I recommend the "cheap seats"
    is that you hear a lot less of "You know what these are going for on eBay?"

Most of the "premium spaces" are occupied by people who come every year, and bring the same stuff, year after year. Of course, if this is the year you need it, everything works out.

23. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

adam, it sounds like you made out like a BANDIT.

24. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I meant to mention, on Sunday I had a guy pay me for a flathead merc bellhousing and never came back to pick it up before I left. I recognize from swaps and a few shows in my area, but don't know his name.
    If anyone hears from someone that they paid for a bellhousing and didn't get it...send them my way, please.

25. JOHNPO

JOHNPO

Well i did OK nice 50 Cadillac bumper...New sbc unilight dis ...60 olds steering wheel...One more wheel ? on the id...And a nice sun burn!!!!!!

26. adam401

adam401

Yeah it was pretty good, figured I woulda seen you but sounds like you guys killed it this weekend. Parts are good but progress is better.

27. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

...progress comes to a hault at some point without parts! :D

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i'm going to jared's tomorrow after 5, if you're around then...

29. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

On Saturday I was slammed at 6:00am, couldnt unload the stuff fast enough. By 6:30 I was dead. Never picked up but did well for that 1/2. I think my dad would be happy we got what we did for his things. Thought about not doing this fleamarket anymore, but what the hell would I do with this weekend next year or the next? lol. Great social event for me. I have been doing this fleamarket since it was in Taunton and Foxboro. Im 38 now and started doing it with my dad when I was about 10. Wish he was still with us.