Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest SamIyam's son Nathan Dies in skateboard accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, May 9, 2012.

1. You and your family are in my prayers, Sam.................i am very sad.

2. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

So sorry for your loss. RIP Nathan.

3. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Sincerest condolence from the Cheaters.

Carl and I laid our dad to rest a week ago and as lifelong skaters we feel obligated next time out to dedicate some of our pool skating session to those lost and always loved.

Take solace in knowing that as a skater the only thing that meant as much to us as our family was the love we have for rolling around doing what we love.

Once again sincerest condolences

Jerome and Carl Urbaniak...... Cheaters Car Club

4. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

No words can ever be enough.... I am truly sorry for your horrific loss... sam

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sam I don't know you except from your presence here on the HAMB but I hurt for you. May you be comforted by the memory of your beautiful boy, who will live on forever in your memories as a carefree young man. May God grant you the peace that passes understanding.

6. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Godspeed Nathan, peace and healing for Sam and his clan.

7. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

I lost my son 3 years ago, he was 19 and my best friend. All of my heartfelt thoughts to you and yours.

8. I looked back at SamIam's profile thinking I haven't seen anything out of him for a while but I didn't realize he hasn't logged in for almost 8 years.

I do hope the original poster gets in touch with SamIam and let him know this thread exist,,It might be of some comfort to him. HRP

9. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Prayers sent for the family.

10. HOTRODPRIMER - Bob K goofed a bit on the thread title ... it's actually SamIyam (Sam Strube).

11. Thanks man for clearing that up,,I thought something was wrong but wasn't sure.

Sam,,you are still in our prayers. HRP

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

:( condolences to your family and friends.

13. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I have corrected the title, thanks for the heads up.

B:eek:B

14. ... from Sam's facebook page:

Nathan's celebration of life service will be at 5pm on Sat., May 19th, at Sunset Park, 1055 Geneva St., Livermore, CA 94550. Please bring a blanket to sit on or lawn chairs and a finger food to share if you would like. All are invited.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  15. wicked willys

wicked willys
    from ne ohio

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers out for your family.

16. prayers for all going up

17. Second time round for me, gotta agree with you there Pete. Have no idea how I'd cope. Sam I've never meet you, but Carps has spoken of the times he's been with you and the fun you had. So I'm sure in time the pain will lessen and the good times will continue.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

18. MattStrube

MattStrube

Hey Fellas, Thank you all for the kind words...Sam asked me to post this on his behalf:
    "Hi Matt,

Can you post this on the HAMB for me? Tell people that their thoughts and prayers are helping us through this horrible tragedy...

All are invited to attend a celebration of Nathan’s life service to be held on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 5 pm, Sunset Park, 1055 Geneva St., Livermore, CA 94550. (You may park at the school on Florence Rd.)
    Please bring lawn chairs or a blanket to sit on, and finger foods or a dish to share.
    In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to The Nathan Strube Memorial Fund, Act. # 226352 Uncle Credit Union, 2100 Las Positas Ct., Livermore 94551
    or via Paypal account [email protected] or to the charity of your choice. "

19. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Prayers sent to you and your family.
    Wow. So sorry.

20. I thought losing a Parent was bad, I can't even imagine losing a child. Please accept my condolences.
    Mark

21. Don't know what to say. So sorry to hear of your loss.

22. AHotRod

AHotRod

Sam,
    I all to well understand what you and your family are feeling right now as we have faced the same in loosing our son Cody at the age of 25.
    Faith in God, family and friends is what will comfort you. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.
    God Bless,
    Glenn

23. Very sad news.....prayers coming from So. Cal......RIP Nathan.....

24. Sorry to hear of your loss.

25. I just heard of this today from my daughter, Emma who went to school with the Strube boys in Livermore......ripped my heart out....Sam, I'm so sorry brother. My prayers go out to you and your family- if there's anything you all need, I'm here. John

26. I to, am so very sorry for you and your family.
    Stay strong Sam. Rest in peace Nathan.

27. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Im so sorry sir. i have no words..

28. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Being a HAMBer & a lifelong skatboarder, this hits hard on both fronts. Our love & healing prayets sent to all. Pat & Erin

29. I feel numb!

This is every parents worst nightmare and for sure Sam, Katie and Calvin don't deserve it.

Man, I've started thirty times to write something here, but my mind is just going nuts trying to find the words to express how I feel for the Strube family, a family that has given so much for others and will not be the same next time I visit without Nathan.

Sam & Katie, our deepest sympathy and strongest prayers are with you.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  30. raven

raven

Well our 'family' has lost another young gun.
    Too tough, too terrible, too sad.
    My condolences to Sam and his family.
    r