Register now to get rid of these ads!

NHRA national events

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harley rider, May 10, 2012.

1. harley rider

harley rider

I was checking over my dually gettin ready to go to heartland park. wondering how many others on here attend NHRA national events if so what one? I have been goin to topeka since 92 .

2. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I went to Topeka to watch the Nat's a few times. Been about 11 years now. Have fun up there!

3. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Lived just north of Gainsville for six years went to the Gators every year, live south of Macon now, so the Southern Nats is a bit more of a drive, but I go every chance I get. Good times!

4. Yummy

Yummy

I've gone to the Brainerd race for 11 years, but missed the last two years, am planning a return trip in 2012. Staying in the world famous ZOO! Seeing all the animals in there you actually wonder what's the bigger draw the races or the party?

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love Indy. Going this year for sure to watch the AA/GS cars run for the first time in 40 years on that track.

6. I do both Pomona races every year - Winternationals and the World Finals. You can find me in a suite above the starting line

7. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Usually take in the races here in Las Vegas. The spring race a few weeks ago was exciting. Took The World's Most Beautiful Granddaughter (tm) for her first time at the races, and she has every indication of wanting to go again soon.

8. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

I've raced at Norwalk and Columbus. Watched at Gainesville.

9. I'm at Indy every year, been to Chicago once, it wasn't the same.
    Have been going for 20 years or so

10. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Been going to just about "any" race at Pomona since 1962. Missed a few here and there, but been to most.
    Sonoma a coupla times.

Mike

11. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Been going to Pomona twice a year for 17 years now.

12. harley rider

harley rider

probably both.Topeka 's not as wild as the zoo but it is a lot of fun.

13. MilesM

MilesM

Been to alot of differnt tracks over the years. But if you have not been to Brainard you have not seen it all yet!

Folks that have went years ago must remember the mud bog. Complete side show! That eventually got shut down. A High School buddy had a Jeep back then.

We used to go there when they had road races also when I was younger. I assume over half were just there for the party. I was a car guy but most of my buddies were not.

14. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

I've been to Brainerd a handful of times (the ZOO is definitely a spectacle unto itself) and Pomona once.

I'd love to see Indy once before I die. Better yet, I'd love to see Indy 40 years ago. Dreams don't have to make sense, do they?

15. coupemerc

coupemerc

I try to get to Englishtown and Maple Grove each year.

16. speedwise

speedwise

Been going to Topkea since '88 or '89 (can't remember anymore). The big show has grown old and stale...boring for the most part. I might just save the 100 bucks and keep going to the HAMB Drags and other old time drags.

17. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Mile High Nationals, Bandimere Speedway

18. dirty4

dirty4

got a suite on the starting line..... hope the weather stays nice.

19. Tripple G

Tripple G

Norwalk since they moved from National Trail in Columbus. Norwalk is a great facility. Smart move.

20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Indy of course, since 67. Been to Dallas and Gainsville too. My whole family races,even my sister and my grandaughter! About twelve of us altogether.

21. I quit attending nhra national events maybe 10-15 years back. Each time I went, I liked them less and less to the point that there was no reason to go.
    The big events for me is the Ca Hot Rod Reunion and the March Meet.
    New modern stuff with all the sponsors, etc just does not do anything for me.

Am a proponent of vintage cars and racing.

22. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Check out ADRL, 1/8th mile outlaw style racing.

23. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Headed to Topeka also, weather permitting. Spend most all of my time wandering the pits.

24. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

If you focus on the racing and try to ignore all the hoopla it is still fun. The amount of BS has increased over the years and makes it hard for me to justify spending all that time on money to be browbeaten with, flag waving and commericials on the jumbotron.

25. harley rider

harley rider

I follow the ADRL thru drag ilistrated and on line .would love to go to some of there events . just not in my area.

26. Charlotte, Etown, Indy and Maple Grove last year, Gators so far in 2012.

27. Johnny99

Johnny99

Only missed two of the Seattle races in the last 25 years. Been to one fall and one spring Vegas race. Last year was the second time I was able to get some VIP tickets from one of our vendors at work, now that's living!:) Being Seattle the weather can be a little dicey with the rain.

Have Fun!

John

28. I've been to about 40 National events in the last 20 years. I loved going for most of that time and was able to be there for every day of the race. Spent a lot of time watching the Competition Eliminator cars and alcohol cars and of course wandering the pits. I enjoyed everything about the so-called travelling acceleration show. Last year at the race in Dallas I was bored, just couldn't get into it. I left on Saturday and skipped going back on Sunday. Watching the cars run just didn't do anything for me. I lost interest in keeping up with the drivers several years ago when they changed to the playoff format for their points system. It took almost 50 years but I think that I've got drag racing out of my system.

29. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

yellowbullet.com, trash or be trashed forum. Best thing since the HAMB. We're almost done building a 68 cuda twin turbo outlaw 10.5 car. ADRL got more action in the 1/8th than NHRA can do in a 1/4.Also, all the cars dont look alike. A shame most of the races are south and east.

30. thehazguy

thehazguy

Been going to Englishtown when it was the SummerNats (hot as hell) and now the SuperNats (not quite as hot) Been there when Jenkins won in his Vega 73??. When Garlits flipped on Saturday qualifying. Now I go on Fridays to avoid all the crowds. Plus Friday night qualifying at sea level they can knock some impressive numbers. For the first time last year went on Thursday and watched the Stock and Super Stock qualifying. For $12.00 and all the wheels up action it was great. Went to the Grove once but I like that track as well.