Register now to get rid of these ads!

History "Cruisin' Angels" Car Club OR West Allis Car Club (Milwaukee) Alumni Members.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, May 7, 2012.

1. I'm still looking to connect with former members of either Club(s). I'd like to compare notes with you guys before I'm no longer able. If you were WAAC members (a group of 4-5 Clubs...Nite Owls, ET's, etc, you know who you are...) or a Cruisin' Angels Member, I'd like to hear from you. I knew the cars but not the membership....Just looking to share History and memories.....My e-mail is in my Profile if you like.....There were a ton of nice cars in the area from the late '50's to Mid '60's.....I'd like to hear from you.....Centurion9

2. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

I'm a WAAC Member now; I could get you in touch with a senior member. We just had our 50th anniversary and some cool story's awoke..

3. I have acquired 8mm film of the Cruisin Angels club having a club event with their cars in the back parking lot of the Southgate Shopping Center. About 1960, 61, they setup red cones and had a driving course contest. Whole lot of fun watching the guys beat their mid and late 50's Fords and Chevs thru the cones. Working on getting the 8mm stuff to disc.I have the current list of ex, still around club members.

I have put 900 35mm slides pics to disc. All drag racing pics from Great Lakes Dragaway 1963-69, Rockford 1965-66, Indy Nationals 1964, Detroit Dragway 1965. About 1 1/2 hour view time.

Just finished 8mm and 16mm film to disc of the construction and opening day of Great Lakes Dragaway 1956, Oswego-Cordova-Great Lakes Dragaway-1957, Oswego-GLD 1956-59, Lightning Rods and Cruisin Angels racing at GLD 1960, GLD Labor Day 1961. About 1 1/2 hour of film. Loads of race cars from Wis and Illinois, not much of the west coast cars but, if your interested in Wis and Illinois drag history, this disc has a lot.

Let me know what you need.

Curt R

4. Hi Curt....Looking forward to meeting you at Milwaukee WOW.....Please, when you can get that Southgate film to disc, I'd love to have a copy....I lived on 24th and Morgan then. It was the home of the now infamous, lost forever, Kandy Apple Kart ....:) Centurion9

5. Btt.......................

6. Centurion 9

you didn't reply to this PM I sent you

"Would like to meet up with you. If all goes well, the Cruzin Angels will have their old survivor Model A pickup truck at the show. I can meet you at the truck display at 2pm Sat.
    Curt R"

so I don't know if I missed you at the car show. All weekend, there were a number of guys in and around the display that well remember the late 50's and early 60's Milwaukee car scene. Would have been a great chance for you to meet and talk with them. Maybe you did get the chance and I missed it. Hope you got the chance.

Some more films are being transferred to dvd, I will let you know with a PM.

Curt R

7. I was there Curt...We couldn't get there until 11:30 and I asked a couple guys in the area of the truck....Unfortunately they didn't know Curt and I felt a little screwy just asking guys who were mulling around. I really was looking forward to meeting you and the others...I just didn't know who I was looking for....JP

8. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

[​IMG]

Taken in June 1962, Morton Grove Il