Register now to get rid of these ads!

A car guy to the end...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 9, 2012.

1. unclmx

unclmx
    from Atlanta Ga

If my Dad was alive, he'd be 101 years old today. Instead, he's been gone for 26 years. Even at that, there are days when I feel like picking up the phone to call him and tell him about something I did, just to get that old "atta boy" from him. Time is a bitch, don't let it steal anything from you, your Dad or your son(s).

2. greg ducato

greg ducato

My condolences on your loss

3. My condolences to you and your family.

4. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thoughts and prayers....Sorry for your loss.

5. truckjim

truckjim

It's the way of life. Lost my dad when I was in high school. I envy the good years you and your dad had. I don't envy the loss you're feeling now. Good luck and enjoy the memories.

6. aaron32

aaron32
    from ohio

Sorry to hear that man ive been though the same thing

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Wow, Jay, very sorry to hear about this. Your father sounded like a great man to the end and what a wonderful way to remember him. Sorry for your loss and I hope you can keep those good memories strong forever.

Jay, I'll 2nd that for Mark. I'd love to see some of his work. I could use some of that inspiration.

8. chopt49

chopt49

Thoughts and prayers for you in this difficult time.....sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a GREAT father, you were very lucky.

9. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Sounds like he lived a great life and raised a great family. I have learned many good talents and gifts through my dad. I appreciate them greatly!! I'm sure you miss him. Sorry for your loss..

10. johnnyvees

johnnyvees
    from sunland ca

sorry for your loss. God loves a Hot Rodder

11. Rich427

Rich427

I'm very sorry. You and your family will be in our prayers.

12. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Sorry for your loss.

13. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

What a heartfelt read, thanks for letting us in to a bit of your life. Your dad sounds like a great guy, and as i read further up, celebrate your fantastic relationship with him, and i hope your loss will be more bearable as time goes on.

14. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

Wow! So well written...just got back on line here...so very sorry for your loss

15. n847

n847

I can't imagine how it would turn my world up side down! Sounds like he was a great man! Best of luck and prayers to your family!

16. robertsregal

robertsregal

Sorry for your loss, sounds like you had a Awesome Dad!

17. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Sorry to hear that, losing your Dad and partner is tough.

18. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

truley a sad story.It is the hardest thing I have ever done was when my father passed,there isnt a day that goes by that I don't think of him and long for my best friend,the bright side is having the hindsight to be able to use his great parenting,car guyness,and giving personality as lessons.I can only hope and pray that I will be the father he was and I know you feel the same.Saying that it is part of life doesn't mend the pain but keeping friends and family close helps more than you can imagine,our prayeers and thoughts are with you .

The Wilsons

19. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

:( Sorry to hear, I'm going through the same thing, but with my Aunt. I been doing my best to spoil her while she is still with me. Positive vibes to you and your loved one...

20. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

The more people that pass away that you are close to. The more apealing it is to go when its your time knowing there is people waiting on the other side for you. Remember that. Rip hot rod brother.

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dear God,

Please ease the pain in our good friend Jay's heart over the loss of his much-loved father. Let him truly know that we share his grief, and stand with him. Embrace his father with your love. Bless Jay, his father, and their family. God bless us all. In Jesus' name. Amen.

As our own Ian Berky very often says, "Much love, brother."

22. Misfit1

Misfit1

RIP..... Hot Rodder!....See you on the other side....

23. I lost my Dad a year ago to cancer, and he taught me to be a car guy as well. In understand to whatever degree is possible. Believe your friends when they tell you that you honor his memory by who you are...

All the best to you and your family. Though I don't know you personally, it's still a punch it the gut when I hear of this happening.

24. Jay, I understand how you are feeling . Just went through the same thing last month. I appreciate the times we had together. You will be able to look back on the times you had with your dad and smile. Be strong.

25. CruZer

CruZer

I lost my Dad in 1978 to the same thing. I miss him more today than I did then.
    I'm sorry for your loss, just keep him in your thoughts and he'll always be around. remember the good stories about him to tell your friends.

26. johnboy94

johnboy94

Went through it on Dec 26, 2011. Dad swore up and down he was going to sell out all his cars for the last 5 months of his life, he never put one up fpr . He too was a car guy till the end. Mom said the other day it makes her a little sad everytime she sees one drive off. Hope you spent all the time you could with your dad. Its never enough time.
    Remember the good times, thoughts are with you.
    John
    John

27. I lost my Dad back in Oct. He is the reason I am into cars. I still have the father/son built 57 pickup from when I was a teenager.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

28. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

My own pain of losing my father to pancreatic cancer is welling up right now as a result of reading about your father. It's been 5 1/2 years and isn't any easier. He was my hero. He was John Wayne.
    Good luck to you, and I'm. So. Sorry. For your loss....

29. Lancer

Lancer

Sorry to hear that bro.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thoughts and prayers going out to you, your Dad, and friends. Bob