Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kustom Kings of New Hampshire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, May 8, 2012.

1. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

kk 2.JPG kk 3.JPG kk 4.JPG kk 5.jpg kk 8.jpg kk 9.png pauls.jpg 003.JPG kk 102.jpg kk 103.jpg kk 104.jpg kk 100.jpg kk 101.jpg 5952.jpg dj s.jpg a few photos of the members cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    straykatkustoms likes this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nice group of cars.

3. Hopefully we'll have more show up at the meeting next month for pics (including my '41 ford).

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

You guys have been around forever..I remember seeing your jackets/placques back in the early 80's at KKOA shows. Alan Berry was a member?

5. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

bullets.jpg joe.png paul.jpg ed.jpg hampton falls.png dickie.jpg shorty.jpg frank.jpg kk 4.jpg joes old cad.jpg joes old merc.jpg ricks old shoe 2.jpg ricks old shoe 3.jpg ricks old merc.jpg
    Alan was a founder of the club. He loved his Oldsmobile motors. Sadly no longer with us. Gone to that cruise in the sky with other past members Dave Boots Ripley, Rollie Brooks, Joe Martin, Joe Dawson, Ronny Giraud, Butch Smugola ,& Tom Patch to name a few who were quite active back then. We were a KKOA charter club back then & many members still have strong custom roots & cars. Will post some more images of members cars.
    Other founding members are still with us...John Linville with his current shoebox & Dick Edwards & his Merc. plus more members cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

straykatkustoms likes this.
  6. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Al Berry was one of the original KKOA Colonels and the Kustom Kings were one of the original KKOA charter clubs. I still have the dash plaque KKOA gave to each club member stating "Charter Club member". Al was one of the guys who kept the custom car flame alive, never gave it up. When I met him he had a great '58 Chev Impala, six cylinder custom with all the show trim like naugahyde wheel well snap in covers and such. He had helped promote some ISCA shows and the like and was an encyclopedia of info on dowop. He went to CA to follow his dream but sadly was taken in an auto accident far too soon.

7. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

When do you have your show and where? I live on the south shore of MA, and Im always looking for new shows and new cars to see. Looks like you have some great looking cars in your club.

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

That's a slick bunch of machinery you have there!:cool:
    You guys know how to do it up right.
    Paul

9. Albie

Albie

Great lookin sleds.

10. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

gus.jpg kk 2.jpg kk 3.jpg ed.jpg larry.jpg rick's.jpg kk 3.jpg rick's.jpg
    The Club meets the first Monday of every month at Squire's Auto Body. Epping Road Exeter NH at 6 PM . Most likey best to show up there with your car or pictures of it if you have interest in the club & have a chat with Jim Cushman.. more cars

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice cars.Thanks for the pics!

12. Nice looking cars guys. I've seen a few of them around over the years.

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice looking group of cars.. Any Maine shows between June9th - 15th?

14. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

Great thank you. Its a bit of a ride for me, but will include it in my "to do list" Do any of you get down to the Bass Pro Shop Sshow at Foxboror Stadium? If not, that is a show that should be on everybodys to do list.

15. rb,I've been watching your posts for a long time and didn't know you're in our club!

16. I have to drive over an hour to get to our meetings.

17. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

This plaque? .....

[​IMG]

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I always wondered what happened to that grey prime chopped merc Tom Patch had 84 with the 55 DeSoto grille.

19. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Yeah Bulletnose, thats the plaque, from our friends, Obrien Truckers.

20. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Cool batch of customs there RB.

21. Ordered by the late Alan Berry January 8, 1984. R.I.P. Alan, if you were still here I'd be calling you for an Edmunds 2 x 2 manifold:)

Alan moved to the Left Coast and was the National Leader of all the KKOA Colonels when he crashed his truck.

Trivia for you - Alan was always pestering me to make valley covers for some of the 14 Olds motors he had. I told him that if he made the pattern, I'd make the valley covers. He did and that was hundreds of valley covers (for Olds and other motors) ago. That guy had motor oil in his veins!

Dennis

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  22. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Dennis, I wish I had photo to post of Al's funeral. As stated before, he died in routine traffic accident in CA having gone west to finally follow his dream of custom cars. His body was shipped back to NH for the funeral and the coffin was a work of art, covered in pinstriping arranged by Rich Pichette and the West Coast Kustoms. Truly amazing to see. Yeah you are right, I met Al in '82 when I moved from MN to NH. I had a '48 Chev coupe with a 235" six in it and someone at the parts store said you need to meet this body shop guy in Raymond, he loves six cylinders! Back then the club was the Rockingham County Rods and Kustoms but since Alan was deeply involved in the formation of the KKOA, we soon became the Kustom Kings. Alan was the soul and inspiration for the club and eight of us became charter members. Hanging out in his shop, you were likely to see all sorts of customs and, as you say, lots of Oldsmobile motors and speed equipment. I really miss those days!

23. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

kknh 2.jpg kknh 3.jpg kknh 4.jpg kknh 6.jpg kknh a.jpg kknh 10.jpg kknh 5.jpg kknh 11.jpg kknh 8.jpg kknh 7.jpg kknh 12.jpg larry 2.jpg larry.jpg kkonh 5.jpg 004.jpg kknh a.jpg kknh 5.jpg kknh 6.jpg A few images of some of the cars at tonights monthly club meeting and two of Larry Kimball's convert

[​IMG]

24. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

picnic
    picnic.jpg 006 a.jpg 005.jpg john's a.jpg john's a 2.jpg paul shorty.jpg kknh 102.jpg kknh 103.jpg kknh 101.jpg kknh 201.jpg yard 2.jpg larry.jpg joe jim.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  25. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

From the Kustom Kings Scrap Book.. old rides..& old friends..Frank Leo & Elvis
    roliie.jpg leo frank.jpg eggmobile.jpg mr olds rollie.jpg frank and joe.jpg dick edwards.jpg larry robbins.jpg rick don enroute to VA.jpg picnic.jpg rollie and dick.jpg steve donna eddy.jpg dick mill's son.jpg joe martin leo.jpg rollie.jpg whitney.jpg joe leo.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  26. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Scrapbook Joe Dawson
    dave boots ripley.jpg ricks shoebox.jpg leo's merc.jpg butch.jpg rick 51 ford.jpg rest stop.jpg mills.jpg bos pont.jpg boots.jpg clean frank.jpg frank joe line up.jpg leo frank dick.jpg paul prize.jpg rest stop 2.jpg no alcohol.jpg

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]

27. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Scrapbook

mr olds.jpg shady spot.jpg line up 5.jpg pauls 56.jpg mr olds  6.jpg rick's shoe 2.jpg boots ripley.jpg cruzin egg.jpg frank dick.jpg kustom kings.jpg larry robbins.jpg duo.jpg trio.jpg ed frank.jpg don b.jpg

[​IMG]<

[​IMG]

28. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Scrapbook
    sonny.jpg whitney kustom.jpg the gang kk.jpg kknh 1.jpg kknh 2.jpg kknh 3.jpg kknh 4.jpg new motor.jpg donna.jpg early grille.jpg early stage.jpg lo mo.jpg pauls son.jpg w jackson.jpg franky.jpg sonny.jpg the gang kk.jpg

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]

29. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

dicks 32.jpg shboom.jpg shake a hand.jpg new paint.jpg newly acquired.jpg whitcher jackson.jpg 2 51 s.jpg fill it.jpg rolly's parking.jpg rick's pair.jpg nh.jpg 4 frank.jpg caddy.jpg sv.jpg rick's merc.jpg [​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]<

30. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

nice to see our area so well represented. look forward to cathing some events over that way this year