Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 cheverolet CYLINDER HEAD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FIDDLER, May 9, 2012.

1. FIDDLER

FIDDLER
    from VIRGINIA

Im restoring a 29 T for a friend, and he mentioned the fact that a 1928 chevy head will fit a T engine, and is a good trick for more HP. Then he mentions the fact that the 28 chevy heads are worth a lot because of the rarity, then he said as much as $4000??? and asked me to keep on the look out for one. I then remembered that I have a complete engine,that was running when parked in the barn,Question is ,is there a truth in his value statement?

2. I dunno, but I have one I will sell for half that much....

3. Answered your other thread- good, usable '28 heads run anywhere between $75 and $200 on Espay. In order to use on on a T or A engine, you'll need an adapter plate.

Where are you in VA? Brad54 will be up there next week and I could send one up with him- pm me if you're interested!

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

That plus they don't fit a T engine without a spacer plate to go between the head and block. Somebody would like to own that engine. Just not for $4000

5. Good point- keep the running engine together :)

6. FIDDLER

FIDDLER
    from VIRGINIA

I am not interested but the guy with the T is . He is in Powatan Va .I will check with him to see if he is serious if so I will try to get back to you and he can make a conection with you thanks

7. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

I also have a 1928 chevy head, and complete engine for sale, VERY CHEAP.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB, the 1929 is a typo I'm guessing since T production ended in 1927. The Frontenac Over Head Valve head or FRONTY was made by the Chevrolet Brothers, one of those heads could bring $4,000. in good condition. The head on a 1928 production Chevrolet is worth what Mac just stated. He's a good guy and buying a head from him will help fund his projects. Bob:)

9. Bob, thanks for the encouragement :)

Brad54 and I JUST came through VA to help my folks out in Philly!!! If your friend is still interested, I may be heading back to PA at some point soon.

10. terryble

terryble
    from canada

I wouldn't mess with anything as rare as a 29T.