Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model a roadster???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iron infantry, May 9, 2012.

1. iron infantry

iron infantry

So im selling one of my cars and decided to build my first hot rod. i want a model a roadster with a flathead and a t5 but i was really unsure of what else. i started looking around for insperation and came across a video on youtube of a roadster and im wondering how i should start to go about this look i really like the car in video but i dont want to build the exact same car. any help with what frame, suspension, or how much this car is channeled would be cool. the first thing i was gonna do is get the frame so im wondering who should i check out for it?? thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEKoPVbcNQo

2. Fenders

Fenders

Cool video, looks like he's sitting on a milk crate (yah I've done that too).

3. iron infantry

iron infantry

Jrblack30 yeah I've seen that thread and love that car but I think a roadster on deuce rails might be a little out of my price range. I was wondering who would have a good aftermarket zd frame at decent price.

4. 61falcon

61falcon

put your wagon in the classified and list it as trade for an A roadster.

5. 117harv

117harv

Use an original frame and modify it to get the ride height you want. A frames can be had for not too much.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That car is actually a "coupester" A '30 or '31 coupe with the top cut off.

7. iron infantry

iron infantry

You know I thought the car looked a little different from a roadster. I would feel pretty bad cutting the roof off a coupe even if the car was in bad shape. And Dave if I knew how to post pics it would be in the classifieds.

8. I wouldn't say that a 32 frame is expensive. The more complete ones are expensive, the farther you get from a perfect frame the cheaper they become. I have one laying in my shop, I paid $400.00 for it. they are out there, you have to be patient and be creative when you find them. Mine is missing the K member, so I am installing a 37 X member, everything else is in place.

9. iron infantry

iron infantry

i think know what im going to be doing, i do like the look of a 32 frome but i dont really want to build my own frame just wondering if there was a place i could get a z'd frame and have the motor and trans mounts already installed for under 2 grand. well if any one has any pics of channeled model a roadsters or coupesters id love to see em.