Register now to get rid of these ads!

A car guy to the end...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 9, 2012.

1. Sorry for your loss Jay. It's tough to see a loved one go that way. Thoughts and prayers your way.

2. salf100

salf100

Very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family - Sal

3. oldsledz

oldsledz
    from Maine

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 2 months ago and after reading this, it feels like it happened today. Hold on to the memories.

4. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry to hear about your loss Jay.
    I can't imagine how you must feel. Take care and keep you head up. Lots of fun for the future.

Aaron

5. plan9

plan9

Jay, take care. I know the feeling.

If you decide to spread ashes at Bonneville drop me a line, perhaps we can do that while making a pass.

6. davidh73750

davidh73750

Prayers to you. Sounds like a great dad. I like how he did his cars too. Low-key

7. Oh man. I am so sorry. I know how hard this is. I'm sure your dad was proud of you and you are obviously proud of him. It will get easier over time but it will never be easy. There will always be that little place inside you that used to be occupied by your Dad. For now, it is filled with grief and loss but over time a lot of that will evaporate some, and I hope it will just be filled with love, joy, and great memories that when looked upon will cause you to smile. Take care, Amigo. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

8. Brewton

Brewton

Hey Jay - Sorry for your loss! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!
    Brewton

9. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

My condolences to you and your family.
    Fernando

10. Wildcycles

Wildcycles

Jay,
    I feel for you and wish you some peace in all of the sadness that will come with your loss. I have feared the day that my own father will go from the time I was a boy. It just happens that he is coming to visit this weekend to plant a garden with my two sons. He is in his 70's now and starting to slow down a bit. Thanks for reminding me to make the best of the time we have left. Sounds like your dad was a helluva guy.
    Lucky you...

11. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Your dad sounds like a neat guy. I am sorry he has passed. I do think we go through looking at our own mortality when the folks die. Seems natural when we lose are best friends and supporters.

12. DenverFlash

DenverFlash

Hang on to those good memories. Sounds like your dad was a really neat guy, and you'll carry on his legacy. God bless.

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i lost my dad a few years ago, and it sounds like he meant to me what yours meant to you. a good man's legacy is the most valuable gift he can give to his children. it seems to me that your gift is beyond measure.

my condolences and prayers, jay.

14. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to hear this our prayers are with you.

15. 40yearslate

40yearslate
    from Denver, CO

Jay, I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

I'm close with my dad too. He's in his late 60's, and I'm so thankful to have him.

Stay strong brother, I KNOW it will get better.

16. froghawk

froghawk

I'm very sorry for your loss.

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Jay your father and family is in our prayers !

18. 31fordV860

31fordV860

My personal condolences...

Lost my Father in 2009. The closest times we had were rebuilding motors...together...

Peace and Comfort, to you and your family.

Sincerely,
    Ken

19. Wesley

Wesley

Jay, Sorry for your loss, you are in my prayers.

20. catdad49

catdad49

Sorry Bomber. My Dad's been gone for awhile, but I still miss him. It'll get better man, Cat

21. ..i'm very very sorry for your less, can't even imagine and am thankful for our dads educated us this way, otherwise we'd have never met.. with the deepest respect and best wishes to you.. today it is very silent around here for you.

Carsten

22. So sorry for your loss. I started out reading this as John Wayne, by the end I was John Denver. Gets me every time.

23. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Very sorry for your loss Jive Bomber. I buried my Dad 13 years ago and it still seems like yesterday, but keep him in your heart and he's never really gone.

24. gregaustex

gregaustex
    from Austin

I'm sorry for your loss. The words you wrote about your Dad made it clear that he was a great Dad and not just a father.

God Bless.

25. Jay, very sorry to hear about your father. He did a great job of teaching you and I am sure he was proud of the accomplishments you have done in your life.

26. bonesy

bonesy

My condolences to you and your family.

27. Mark68

Mark68

My condolences Jay,but as before he will be with you through everything. my prayers are with you.

28. lowerod

lowerod

sorry to hear your lose Jay....When i lost my dad in 2000 i said its a chapter finished in my life so i turn the page and start the next chapter....in my prayers.......

Take care
    Tony

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  29. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

I can relate, as I lost my Brother to Pancreatic cancer Last July, a devastating disease.sorry for your loss, we keep them in our hearts and hopefully we will deserve the same Loving thoughts from family and friends when our turn comes

30. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

"Yeah, I gotta finish up this car cause I'm off to that big garage in the sky"

That's SO FUCKEN HARD CORE!!! Hell yeah, A car guy to the end.

GOD SPEED to you & your family