Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for some Naugahyde

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TxRat, Apr 25, 2012.

1. austinhunt

austinhunt

That was a good laugh, thank you.

2. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Am I the only one that was reminded of the Mopar "Mod Top" when I saw that pattern:

[​IMG]

3. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

WOW!^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think all the birds would be scared to shit on that one!!!

4. Epic thread man, and congrats on the score. Scrounge, you are the kind of guy that keeps us hoarders seeming sane. And to the O.P., your Grandma sure could run a mean stitch. Cool car man, don't change a damn thing on that interior. I'd sit in the back seat, and enjoy myself a PB&J with no worries.

5. RustyPile

RustyPile

Check your inbox, I sent you a PM..

RustyPile

6. RustyPile

RustyPile

That ain't all.. She was diagnosed with cancer while in her 40's.. Kicked it's raunchy ass straight into remission where it stayed. She taught me to drive when I was 12. She retired and moved to East Texas where she and her brother raised cattle..

The old gal lived well into her 80's before her heart gave out..

RustyPile

7. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

That Nauga hasn't been made in 40 yrs. Any that you would possibly find would not be worth using. All vinyls lose their plastisers over time( the stuff that keeps them pliable ). Former Nauga distributor for 35 yrs.

8. TxRat

TxRat

The roll of yellow that I have has been around since the car was built is soft and very usable. I would bet a lot is on how its stored...

9. Unbelievable! I would have never bet you woulda found that stuff!! Simply amazing! That is sooooo cool that you will be able to make the car "right" as your dad built it. I have been following your thread on getting it out and running. I dug the interior already, but knowing you will be able to get it all back as it was is just too awesome for words!!

10. TxRat

TxRat

Thanks Dave,

Would you believe my 12 year old son is the one pushing to keep it as his PaPaw built it...

11. Muttley

Muttley

I'm convinced that if someone on the HAMB needed a pair of lips from a three legged chicken another HAMBer would locate them in less than fifteen minutes.

12. RustyPile

RustyPile

Absolutely right!!, if it had to be a hen... Seventeen minutes for a rooster, they run faster...

RustyPile

13. RustyPile

RustyPile

I never in my wildest dreams, thought that the car would be around as long as it has.. Shane was born the year I bought the car.. Ever since he's been big enough, he's been in the shop working on cars with me.. I used to catch hell from his Mom when we'd come in and he was covered with dirt.. The Nomad has always been a driver and he grew up in the car. Even drove it to high school in the mid 80's..

The car has quite a history.. I won't bore you guys with all the details here as TxRat has a thread entitled "I'm a tri-five dork" that contains most of the history of the car.. While in the construction stage, I knew from the start what color paint I wanted.. I wanted the interior metal trim to be "chocolate brown" with yellow and brown uphostery.. When we laid it out, we decided that we needed something with a print pattern to "breakup" the solid colors, too much brown didn't look right.. We tried some black cloth with gold threads running through it and that didn't work either.. My aunt (second Mom) had just finished a chair using that flowered print and had a large "chunk" of it left over.. She cut out a couple strips and laid them on one of the bucket seats and we knew right away that's what the car needed..

Incurablescrounge, I want to again thank you so much for your efforts..

RustyPile aka Nick

14. windrpepper

windrpepper
    from Iowa

Did you find that print? I am looking for this one.1930818[/ATTACH]