Register now to get rid of these ads!

A car guy to the end...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 9, 2012.

1. This tears me up.....bless you brother.

I have an identical situation with my dad that you had with yours. Mine's still healthy though.

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Jay, so sorry to hear of your loss. I was moved to tears reading your tribute to your dad. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

3. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Jay,
    My mother passed away just week ago from Cancer. I feel your pain.

4. Take comfort in knowing that one day you will be re-united. May he rest in peace...

5. My prayers go out to you and your family. Take pride in the fact that you Have a father the you can remember fondly and look up to for the rest of your life, the little window you gave us on his life makes me see that you had one hell of an ol' man. Someone to be proud of.

I too lost my Dad/best friend but know what it's like to have "the best Dad in the world".

6. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

Jay, sorry to hear of your loss but so glad to hear of the great memories you have of this man you proudly called"Dad" He will live on forever in your mind and heart. May time ease your aching heart but enhance those fond memories.

7. Condolences to you and your family...

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Im very sorry to hear of your loss. Im dealing with 2 people in my life with 2 cancer diagnosis's right now and one of them happens to be Pancreatic cancer. it's been a rough few weeks for me too. May God Bless...

9. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope all those precious memories help you and your familiy through this difficult time.

10. seatex

seatex

God Bless during your time of need, Jay. Our prayers are with you and your family. He sounds like one fine man.

11. Elbopper

Elbopper

Sorry for your lost, I lost my dad to cancer also 5 years ago,He was my mom and dad at the same time , I lost my mom when i was 10.

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed to your pop's...........If you need anything 'locally', feel more than free to reach out to me.

Chris

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I think this about sums it up. I lost my dad, with whom I had a very similar relationship (next to my wife, he was my best friend), real suddenly two years ago next month.

Hardly a day goes by I don’t think of him and wish I could talk to him again about something. At first, those thoughts and wishes were real painful; but now I welcome them. In that way, it’s like he’s still here.

You’ve just got to muddle through, and it gets better. I’ll be honest, it took at least a year to get to the point I’m at now, and it’s still not easy. But you can do it.

And there are a lot of people out here, whom you have never even met, but whose lives you’ve touched for the better just by giving them a few minutes every now and then to get away from the world and think about cool, fun stuff. We’re all pulling for you.

Best wishes, Jay.

14. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Very sorry for your loss.

My condolences.

15. nutajunka

nutajunka

:( Sorry to hear about your Dad, they are irreplaceable.

16. I am very sorry about your Dad - they are very special. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.

17. 57J2

57J2

Jay, sorry for your loss. I went through it several years ago with my dad. It's a tough deal.

18. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

God bless you and your family. Sorry for your loss.

19. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

I'm sure I speak for the whole Mattel family when I say I'm so sorry to hear about your dad passing. He sounds like he was a top guy. My thoughts are with you my friend.

Felix.

20. Blubyu

Blubyu
    from Troy, MI

I'm sorry to hear about you father, The people that care the most for us are usually our parents. I'll say a prayer for you man. He will live on in your heart, and spirit. I wish you the best.

21. Sorry for your loss Jay, my thoughts are with ya and your family. Be thankful for the good times you had together.

22. R&C RON

R&C RON

Jay , so sorry to hear this , your Dad was very special. When I met your Dad it was obvious you two had a real bond rooted in mutual respect! Your Dad was warm , friendly and a wealth of automotive knowledge. I have a very similar bond with my father. I really enjoyed the evening you and your Dad spent at my house in full gearhead mode.You will have a lifetime of wonderfull memories to help you through these tough times.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Ron

23. 1949*john

1949*john

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad .
    I lost my Dad in 1981 and the huge hole is still there .

24. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

The universe works in a strange way, and we're not really meant to see the whole picture, but it does hurt sometimes.

I read this just as my own father's been diagnosed with cancer, they're still conducting tests to see if they can find out where the tumor is, as the only symptom so far was a mass formed underneath the skin, so it's a fairly rare type. Let's see what comes of this, I've been trying not to take it too seriously as it's being followed from early on, but these things are never easy, are they?

My condolences to you and yours... it's never easy to deal with that loss.

25. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

So sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My prayers go out to you and your family.

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very very sorry, Jay... My thoughts are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

Nick Hoesing

27. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

so sorry for your loss

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

Sorry for your loss Jay...you are very fortunate to have had such a great father...and friend .

29. young51

young51

Jay,
    you have been blessed to have had such a strong relationship with your dad. Those of us who do can say that they are very lucky and should cherish the time we have together. you have my condolences.
    Matt

30. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

The only testament to a good life is what we leave behind.
    Your father will live on, through you and your family.

Those who go on before us, are once again leading the way.

Godspeed
    MrC.