Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPDATE! toucans 59 ford interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beachbum jim, May 7, 2012.

1. Over the next couple of weeks I will be revitalizing HAMBer toucan , 59 Galaxy more door interior. Seats will be white roll and pleat with lime green piping. Door panels, white, lime green and silver. The rest of the interior is in great shape. Its gonna be a fun project.
    Spent a few hours today building the frame for the sewing table. Sewing machine is an Adler. Bought it new in 1987. Its been a long time since I sat down at the sewing machine but I am looking forward to it.
    Stay tuned for further updates and pix.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2012
    reagen likes this.
  2. toucan

toucan
    from sc

go mr beachbum go! wendy and i are so jacked up! please keep the pictures comming!

3. Following this one.
    We are doing a '59 Edsel Wagon.
    Interior is Dr Pepper Green, with Pearl white seats and forest carpet.

4. Hey Toucan, the white vinyl came in today, the rest of the materials will be here tomorrow!!!

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Can't wait to see it come together. Will it be done by Shadyside???? Jim I hope you can make it. Please see what you can do..

6. Jim can't wait to see it when you are done. are you doing it at your house. I'll come check it out.

7. toucan

toucan
    from sc

you just better gas the truck up ,grab a cooler ,a sleepingbag ,and head to shadyside!

8. toucan

toucan
    from sc

do yall see that sewing machine? that thing is screaming, lets make something badass!

9. toucan

toucan
    from sc

johnny the flake meets jimmy the stich!

10. I love it!!!

11. Yes sir, I should be starting on it tomorrow.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Pix when done please, nice 59 Toucan! Dig it. ~sololobo~

13. No it wont be ready for shadyside. Right now we are doing the back set and front door panels, He will pick that up in a week or so, then bring me the front seat and rear door panels.
    I want to go to shadyside so bad but we are helping a friend pack up his house to move to Charlotte. He is one of those friends who would do anything for us at anytime!!! And has!!!
    we are planning for next year, and when I get the job I will be taking my 52 Chevy.

14. Will be taking lots of pics! Maybe a how to kinda thing.

15. edweird

edweird

i'm watching.

16. finished building the table and gave the shop a quick clean. The remaining materials didnt show up til after noon so I didnt get much done.

I used the old door panels as a template, then cut them out of water resistant door panel board.

Tomorrow I will lay out the pleats and start sewing.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      456.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  17. toucan

toucan
    from sc

mr beachbum your teasing me! i think this is going to be wild!

18. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

19. Dammmmmit!!!! I need to step my game back up!! My 59s been on the back burner since the chopped truck is further along than planned and I've been putting all my $$ into my bobber and house!

20. Sewing machine had a breakdown this morning. The thread tension-er broke. Had to re engineer it to work.

One door panel stitched up.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      84.5 KB
      Views:
  21. toucan

toucan
    from sc

i know the bitchin stichin machine will keep rollin! love what im seeing so far!

22. the bitchin stitchin machine is an animal!!! 25 yrs old and the first breakage.

23. The green and silver look awesome against the white. Its been over ten years since I last did any stitching. The first panel I stitched didnt come out the way I wanted so I redid it. I think it came out awesome.:cool:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  24. toucan

toucan
    from sc

mr beachbum you are knocking it out of the park! i feel like i just walked into a Tijuana stich shop back in the 70s! thanks so much ,and wendy says its awesome!

25. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

wow true craftsman!

26. Right on Jim, love it! I wanna learn to do that someday soon.

27. Thanks everyone, so far its been an awesome project. Ive forgotten how dizzying it is to watch the needle go up and down as I sew the lines. And the glue gives you a hell of a buzz:eek: The other door panel is almost done. The armrest needs to be covered and reassembled. My back is stiff from sitting at the sewing machine so I need a break. Monday will finish the door panel and start laying out and sewing the pleats for the back seat. Jim:cool:

28. toucan

toucan
    from sc

you are still my hero! the ford is getting pulled off the road tomorrow and were going to start grinding ! we are going to get the white right!

29. toucan

toucan
    from sc

i cant wait to see the seat!