Register now to get rid of these ads!

Been to Speed Week - What's World of Speed Like?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crosleykook, May 8, 2012.

1. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

A friend of mine is coming over from Europe this summer and he really wants to go to Bonneville. Unfortunately, he can't get here til the end of August, so Speed Week is out.

I see that World of Speed holds their meet in September 8-11 this year. We've already got stuff booked in California so we couldn't get there until Sunday night... is stuff still happening on Monday?

Been to Speed Week on a Monday and there was plenty going on... what's a monday at WoS like?

2. I'm not saying don't go, but it's NOTHING like Speedweek. Mainly just racers, much less numbers and much more chance of getting rained out....But if he's here, taken him by all means!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've never been to World of Speed but have talked to a number of racers who actually like that event over Speed Week as they get WAY MORE runs in. Plain and simple as that.

4. Ole don

Ole don

If you have been to Speedweek, the World of Speed would be like a family picnic. Cooler days, shorter lines to get food, relaxed atmosphere, many of the same cars running, plus street stock cars going all out for only one mile. Then, if you have time, the Shootout follows.

5. 36tbird

36tbird

Rooms are a lot cheaper during the World of Speed, right?

6. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

Thanks for the tips! Any guess on the number of cars out there on a Monday? I'm thinking there were 80+ cars making runs on Monday at Speed Week when I was there.