Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back on the road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loco_gringo, May 6, 2012.

1. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

I got my 1956 Ford back on the road today. Its come a long ways but still has a ways to go.

After bringing the car home I replaced the missing 292 and three on the tree with a 302HO and tremec 5 speed. I also replaced the bolt on style rear u-joint with a new yoke and drive shaft. Then, I moved it into the garage for a couple years and it was sidelined for other projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've recently blew the dust off and rebuilt the suspension and brakes. Replaced the gas tank and added an aluminum radiator. I converted it to a cable style clutch and had the exhaust built this week. It was fun enjoying the cars first Sunday drive since 1989.

2. It's happy too!

3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

4. Willy301

Willy301

Cool, glad it got back on the road...love the new interior!

5. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

Lookin good! The new interior rocks!

6. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

7. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

That set up sounds killer. Post some more pix! Good job getting it done

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Very cool! I wish I had known you had this.. I have some tri-5 Ford trinkets here that I would have snuck over in your ride at LSRU if you needed them.

I dig the patina too.

9. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Thanks Matt... I don't know what happend, I just kinda lost interest in it for a while. My plan has always been to keep it simple and make a family friendly cruiser. Maybe add some Vintage Air, etc. I have a lot left to do but at least now it can be driven in between working on it.