Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Superflous avitars remind me of Barris. "Hey, I've done this, and that..."
    Self promoting...

I know lots of guys like that.

2. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Mine was the first real customer car I worked on..
    He was a great guy, and a close friend. He passed away
    right after christmas.. I miss him dearly.

3. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Sometimes I smoke......... my tires

4. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Parts that I found at swap meets when I lived in southern France in the early'90's.Cut the fenders so easy to ship and had a buddy assemble them for a wall hanging with working lights.All parts are original 32 Ford.

5. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

It's what I want, but don't have yet...

6. skull

skull

avatar picture is the tribute truck l and friends finished in honor of my son last summer. 2 weeks before his 16th birthday he drowned. it will be 10 years ago this june. this was going to be his first hot rod.

Later :cool:

slack likes this.
  7. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Change mine around but all come a folder called "Hot Chicks" thats used as my screensaver. All tasteful stuff i like to think:D:rolleyes:

My latest has caused a few trouser wobbles and comments so will stay a while for others to enjoy.

Happy Days!!!!

8. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

Mine is my car when i was building it, its when i first got the headlights in and connected after painting it, the car is still missing glass, interior etc but being photographed on my old mobile and in the dark it looks finished but it wasnt, i was very keen then, this is after a all nighter working in the driveway and the pic is taken about 5:30 am in winter, the car doesnt resemble its original form much from this angle but its a 1959 FC holden with 58 edsel headlights. the car has since been back on the road for 3 years.

9. •That's too Cool FCCOOL• I've followed your build of this car, and it is an astounding effort and a great achievement.

Let's make it a Holden double. Mine's the model before FCCOOL'S. It's a concept drawing of my car, as I want it to look when done. A long way to go!
    Skull, I sure do like that little truck.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  10. pilot31

pilot31

This is the nose art on one of the type of airplanes I fly. It's not one of my units airplanes, but I just liked the whole image, so I took a picture of it one day while working as the Supervisor Of Flying (SOF). For a while the Air Force "outlawed" nose art. It was to politically incorrect, sexist or hurting someones feelings in general. Now "they" will allow nose art but it has to be approved at the highest levels. Well, it's not WWII nose art but, its still a nice work.

Attached Files:

11. Mines my first rod that I built as a 23 year old in the garage at home. Learnt alot that will get put into the next one or changes ahead to this one.

Do it once, do it right.
    My idea of fun, 6-71, 642hp, 570ft/lb, 11" tyre, 4.56 out back and two gears....

12. mines a 200 year old steam governor, from a long abandoned granite quarry in NH really neat place...

13. Mine came from a standing joke I have with Rick Barakat. We went out to Subway for lunch one day and I ordered a sandwich and had them put oregano on it. He has been giving me shit ever since.

There's a Subway about a half mile from where I work, so I eat there probably at least 3 times a week. After awhile, you get tired of the same old sandwich combination, so you have to think "outside the bun". I started having them sprinkle oregano on my subs, and I liked it. Now, I'll be about 10 people back in line and I'll hear someone request oregano. Yeah, I'm a trend-setter...........

14. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

My 56 is one of my current rides/toys. It's the only H.A.M.B. friendly one, that I've got at the moment. :D The hunt continues.... ;)

15. scrubba

scrubba

The picture you see is of a former Conoco station that was built in 1923 at the corner of Roseneath road and Patterson Avenue , Route 6. The Conoco became a Richfield about 1938. The place was torn down over the huge wood canopy over the pumps . It was rebuilt , but the replacement building that's there today is really kind of plain . The guy in the picture is me ............ scrubba

16. My avatar is some beer bottles I did for my buddy one night when I was three sheets to the wind.

17. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

My favorite dive bar sign...sadly the bar and sign are now gone...was by the tracks on San Felipe inside the loop in Houston.

Where should we go and have a beer? Oh, hell yeah...they have a large TV!!!

Attached Files:

18. 65 Imp SS

65 Imp SS
    from central mn

The engine that resides in my engine compartment :D

19. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Its the one Snow Man. Wishing I was east bound and down.

20. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

I always dug this shot of my wife's grandmother. East L.A. circa 1948 (I think..). Check out the big cuffed Levi's and white t-shirt. Total greaser! Word was granny was a starlett trying to make it in the movies. I must admit she was very pretty in the day. She died at a very young age in 1968.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  21. mike805

mike805

Mine is a picture of my 52. It is the only HAMB appropriate vehicle I own!!!

22. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Mines a sign My Good Friend Royalshifter made for Me...

23. Gromit

Gromit

My old Humber. Loved that car. straight 6 split exhaust with home made Lake pipes. Union Jack flames came to me after drinking too much Newcastle Ale one night.

24. younggun13

younggun13

self explanatory

25. davidh73750

davidh73750

My little boy at about 15mos.(last feb) Picture was a total accident but I couldn't have planned it better. Was working on something and he just wanted to help so he handed daddy the tools..

26. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Mine is a sweet lil Amish girl

27. WornOutOldMan

WornOutOldMan
    from So Cal

Was very fortunate to be involved in the restoration of the last XKSS the road going version of the D-Type Jag racecar that rolled of the assembly line before the factory burnt down in 1957. The red car in the avatar was not that car but I believe was #12 and the shop had it on loan to help verify and duplicate the resurection of #16. The guy I worked for at the time (early eighties) had owned and raced #16 for a good part of the 60s and 70s and sold the car I believe sometime in the 90s.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  28. cederholm

cederholm

It's my HAMB allegiance tag holder.

29. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

<-----its my 54 chevy. My first car i ever owned.bought it in 95. Its not done but will get done. I will never sell it.

Last edited: May 10, 2012