Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;TOO KOOL!!!!!Where can I pick up a catalogue? Pretty awesome,three Comets in Camaro Craft in a 12 month period!!!!!They may need to start calling the rag Comet Craft!!!!!!! ROY.

2. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

They sent a few from Japan, but I believe Moon stocks them, and you can order from them. It almost reads like the Rodders Journal. The first story is an INCREDIBLE photo-history of Moon, from post-war on. Pictures never seen before. Cool stuff......

3. SOHC427

SOHC427

Camero Craft! That's great Roy. You guys made a great showing for the Comets the last year. Very nice. No if MercuryJunkie, would get some press time on his Cammer Comet, that would be pretty cool as well.

Eric

4. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Good Job Dale Congrats on a Fine Year

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Well its been slow going on my end, Between Delays and Family just havent been able to get it together this year yet. Did get the car back home here some pics from Jardines.

Jerry and his son Jarod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crites headers next to the Jardine Custom set

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had a great time in Casper at Jardines. Their shop is an old dealership from the 60's. Way Cool. Could spend hours there talking Drag racing and looking at the photos on the wall. If You Get the chance Check them out.

www.jar-tec.com

6. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Those "Jardene" Headers are a work of art! Very nice!

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;WOW,what a difference in header design,looks like Jardine still has the touch!!!!! I hear you on the family stuff,been through a lot already this year,still more to come!I have not had my Comet out since the March Meet,had to miss a couple of races,but as you know,family comes first! Barring any problems,I'm headed to Vegas for the NHRA,Heritage race over Memorial Day Weekend. ROY.

8. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Speaking of interesting Comets, this is the best looking '63 I've ever seen.

http://apps.facebook.com/marketplac..._-www-_-NA-_-NA&rfb_domain=facebook.oodle.com

Unfortunately, or maybe I should say fortunately, the price range is bigger than my wallet.

9. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Congrats to you Dale it must feel pretty good, all the hard work and dollars getting paid back!

Ken,thats a drastic difference in headers, they should help you out considerably in the power department and ease of installation too! I imagine they install one tube at a time? Al

10. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Finally got some time to put the headers on and see for myself, Three hours later , All the room I had for my hands now have big ass tubes in the way, I dont know how Jerry did it. They sure look Cool. A little low, Now a little worried about those wheel stands.

2 1/8 th primarys stepped to 2 1/4 into 3 1/2 collector. All Equal length and set up according to the Firing order.

Hats off to Jerry, He Personally did this set for me. Amazing in his seventies and still has the passion. Awesome. They did set up a jig to reproduce these for other Comet Guys

Any way heres the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure about that Diaper idea ? I dont see How

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  11. SOHC427

SOHC427

Wow, nothing but WOW!

12. TunnelBolt

TunnelBolt

Headers look great! Now that FE can breath!

13. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;wheelstands should not be an issue unless you stand it on the bumper and freak out and lift[ask me how I know]!!!!!You have more room for a diaper than I do!!!!!! ROY.

14. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

I second that! Definitely a big WOW.

15. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

16. 65COMET

65COMET

John;saw that 64 over on e-pay,he has a lot of nice parts that go with the car!Looks to be a solid foundation for whatever someone wants to build!! ROY.

17. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

That cars location is not all too for for me to checkout for someone who might be seriously considering.I know several car people who live on the island also.

Myron_

18. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Ken, are those Jardines considered a 180 degree header?

19. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Some more pics to keep the thread strong:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Jerry said If I wanted to repaint the car I could paint it like this one , Hmmm I do like it and I can keep my teardrop hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winter Repaint ?

21. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

Thanks for posting all the photos of your custom Jardine headers -- glad to see Jerry is doing well & still creating magic!

Question: Why only 1 pipe on the cross-over, instead of 2 to maximize scavenging?

22. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Ken,
    The headers look even better installed!! You have great ground clearence too! The experience and skill they have really shows in the workmanship. Al

23. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;it is YOUR Comet,but the Sox and Martin paint scheme is beautiful and so well done!!!Doing it like the all white Jardine Headers car would be cool but did it stay all white?Does anyone remember it?Do we need another all white 64?I think you should build a white 64 Chrisman Comet Clone,blown injected cammer powered and freak everyone out!!!!!!! High gear only,full quarter mile burnouts,YEE HAW!!!!!! ROY.

24. Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel
    from Texas

Your welcome Eric. Just truly happy to find a loving home for that orphan. Maybe you can show me around your area when your finished with it:)

25. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

26. 65COMET

65COMET

Oh come on,it is only a two day [each way] road trip!!!! A lot of good parts go with it!! ROY.

27. Jerod Jardine

Jerod Jardine
    from wyoming

Their wasn't much witch craft to the tubes crossing over other than being able to get the lengths closer to optimum.
    Ken I agree with the new paint job idea.

28. 65 T-BOLT

65 T-BOLT

Todds 65 comet in car craft!

29. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Ha! That's easy for YOU to say.

30. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Still thinking about it.